'Live Free or Die Hard' - High-Def Digest review - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-20-2007, 05:27 PM

I'm going to rent the unrated dvd,and wait for a unrated cut on BD.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:09 PM

After reading this post i had to run to my sony 300 player and try the discs out .All 4 loaded although its really annoying that it takes a minute or 2 to go thru its 'load' then 'load with blue bars filling up' then 'load with little circle spinning' phases.
On Die Hard 4 there are 2 ads for other discs that you can't ff thru which is also annoying.
After all this stuff which makes the playing of a disc seem like hit and miss i really can't blame purple people if they buy HD DVD when both are available.
Also,about the pg13 .I thought the lack of continuous swearing made for a better movie.
I don't need to hear f*&** every 30 seconds .

Last edited by CaptainCanuck; 11-20-2007 at 06:32 PM.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBrooks1 View Post
Can someone who owns the entire collection give me an idea of the PQ on Die Hard 1.0? I'm really curious.
Link with Pictures

http://forums.highdefdigest.com/show...9&postcount=17
Old 11-20-2007, 06:30 PM

Thumbs up

Amazing picture and even better audio. Loved the movie. I had enough fun where I won't miss the unrated at all. Fantastic release and a no brainer buy. I would have actually picked this up on HD DVD with same specs and I only own 3 HD DVDs Fearless, King Kong, and Transformers (my 2.5 year old daughter loves robots). Very, very pleased.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:10 PM

I was looking forward to purchasing the set but I will wait till the Unrated version is released next year because I really liked the 4th installment. I hate when these studios double dip with their movies.

I'm sure that Spiderman 1 and 2 will be released as separate SKUs with all the extras sometime next year. I bought the trilogy and I'm blown away by the picture quality but my stomach still feels empty from the missing features. Perhaps they are including PIP commentaries.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:19 PM

I thought this was the best action flick of the year, and i have to agree with the reviewer, 2nd only to the original.
Some of the stuntwork was just mind boggling, the french guy (the 'hamster') was fantastic, i think he was also in District 13.
And Bruce was on top form, he looked like he was really enjoying himself.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrandon View Post
I would have actually picked this up on HD DVD with same specs and I only own 3 HD DVDs Fearless, King Kong, and Transformers (my 2.5 year old daughter loves robots). Very, very pleased.

Isn't it a Blu ray exclusive? Unless there is a European HD DVD version or you commented on the wrong post.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:54 PM

Personally, I loved this one in the theaters, and did not realize at the time that it was edited to make a PG-13 rating. I was debating whether or not to get the Blu-Ray or wait for an unrated double dip, but I believe I will wait. Often, "Unrated" or "Extended Cut" dvds are lame and just add in a few seconds here and there (Dodgeball, Dumb and Dumber) or put back in deleted scenes that were not intended by the director to be in the final cut (Black Hawk Down, The Patriot) But in this case, it seems the Unrated version really offers a much different movie than what was released in theaters, and what the movie was supposed to be. I would recommend everyone show their displeasure with Fox by not purchasing this Blu-Ray, and either wait for a double dip or just by the Unrated DVD instead. Personally, I'm just going to rent the DVD from my video store. That should hold me over until a future double dip.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:55 PM

I just picked it up at Blockbuster. PQ and AQ are great. If there's an Unrated cut next year, I will sell or trade this one
Old 11-20-2007, 07:57 PM

if ($reader == "FoxExec") {
println("Stop reading this and go build Die Hard 4 Unrated on Blu-ray!");
for ($i = 0; $i<5;$i++) {
bitchSlap();
}
}

println("Paramount you still suck too, bring back Blu!");

exit 0;