'Little House On The Prairie: Season One' - High-Def Digest Review - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-11-2014, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malakai View Post
LOL.. I would have hung Nellie's mother in a tree, and Nellie may could have gotten fixed/rehabilitated, knowing her father wouldn't put up with her shit like her mother did. He could have sent her off to the Ingalls to live for awhile. You know Charles would have gotten out the belt (or hot fireplace poker) many of times!
Nellie's mom can be the woman who was bitten but didn't die who got infected!

Now if we address the book instead of the movie, who is going to be the pedophile old guy?

And if we go with the book instead of the movie, this makes me think even more differently about Mary
Old 05-11-2014, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravis778 View Post
Now if we address the book instead of the movie, who is going to be the pedophile old guy?
Mr. Edwards is the obvious choice
Old 05-17-2014, 05:12 PM

Question Comparison of Scenes between the Edited ImaVision DVDs and the Lionsgate BluRays??

Even though I already have Seasons 1-4 and the set of 3 TV movies of "Little House on the Prairie" on the ImaVision DVDs (I didn't buy any DVDs after the fourth season, both because the DVD quality sucked, and also because I didn't like the show as much after they moved the family to Winoka, and added characters like Albert & Adam, as well as later on, Cassandra, James and others, who never existed in either the books or in real life) I recently bought both Season 1 and Season 2 on Blu-Ray and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!

However, though the Blu-Ray is definitely better, and has a much clearer picture and crisper sound, other than maybe one or two, or at the most a few scenes (like a scene in "Town Party, Country Party" where Olga talks to Mary about feeling sorry for Nellie because she doesn't have happiness inside her) I have been unable to tell what scenes have been restored from the syndicated rerun version on the ImaVision DVDs.

Because I was not born when Little House on the Prairie first aired on network TV (and would not be born for several more years!) I have NO idea what scenes were on the original network versions, since I only saw the show in syndicated reruns over the years and then on the ImaVision DVDs

So I was just wondering..............

Has anyone done a side-by-side comparison to see exactly what new scenes have been restored on the Blu-Rays? I'm considering doing that at some point -- but if someone else has already done it and knows exactly which scenes have been restored in each episode then, obviously I'd rather not waste time, repeating the experiment!

Anyone know exactly (or even approximately!) what "new" scenes have been added??