'Little House On The Prairie: Season One' - High-Def Digest Review - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-08-2014, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassesolo View Post
I liked the show as a kid but now as an adult the strong christian theme makes me a little naseus. The Ingalls are basically a christian version of talibans...
Nothing is more creepy than religious fanatics.
I find it hilarious and scary that people compare the Taliban of all sorts to Christians. Give me a fucking break.

Do Christians hold women as lesser value than dogs?
Are Christians trying to impose there will on YOU?
Try living where Taliban and Sharia Law rule.

Come back to me when that's the case because your logic is utter FAIL.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:00 PM

Medieval christians and the taliban are very similar in all ways (including views on womans role). After all, both christianity and islam are more or less jewish sects with roots in the old testament. 19:th centery christians were not even halfway between medieval christians and modern people (not believing in ghosts), hence comparable to the taliban.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:21 PM

Look. I donīt want to start a fight about religion because that never leads to anything good. I just wanted to point out that the show has a LOT of hardcore christianity witch can be pretty tedious to watch, even if it was a big part of life back then (and still is). People are obviously superstitious by nature and free to believe what they want, no matter how wierd. There are many, many very different religions and they are all equally strange to me.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:34 PM

This isn't a forum for debating religion. You're comparing Little House on the Prairie to taliban. Neither Charles Ingalls nor his family doesn't go out killing pagans, jews, wiccans, muslims, or anything like that, and he's not hunted down because of his beliefs. His wife (Caroline) has a pretty strong role in the series as well. She doesn't bow her head down and keep quiet, scared to speak up when things happen she doesn't like. Laura Ingalls also doesn't bow down from her beliefs in the series. She speaks her mind and kicks Nellie Oleson's ass on occasion.

No, there's nothing medieval about the belief system portrayed in Little House on the Prairie. I think you are wrongly confusing having Charles being the breadwinner and protector of his family with some bogus medieval religion theory. In today's society, women can work, be breadwinners, roles can be reversed, and in many cases, roles are equal. In mid-late 1800s America, however, things were different. Well-respected wives and mothers didn't usually work.

Last edited by malakai; 05-08-2014 at 05:41 PM. Reason: to make it more 'friendly'
Old 05-08-2014, 05:48 PM

I, agree that wee should not debate religion. Let's drop The subject.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassesolo View Post
I, agree that wee should not debate religion. Let's drop The subject.

LOL, No problem. You'll always have Abba, The Millennium trilogy, The Cardigans, and Let the Right one in, some of which we have tried to copy in some way or another.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:28 PM

We all copy each other more or less. Globalisation makes our cultures richer (I hope...).
Old 05-08-2014, 06:32 PM

BTW, The Cardigans' 'First Band on the Moon' album is my go-to album when I'm working in the home theater. It just re-repeats itself over and over... hehe I don't think anyone else could successfully pull off a slow pop version of Iron Man.
Old 05-11-2014, 01:20 PM

LOL, talking about Let The Right One In in the same forum as Little House on the Prairie (I get it, the guy was from Sweden). That would be a strange crossover there.

Albert: How old are you?
Mary: 9
Albert: How long have you been 9?
Mary: A very long time....

{Different scene}

Laura: Oh that Nellie Olsen makes me so mad!!!!
Mary: If she is bothering you, I will make it better. No one messes with my sister.

{Different Scene}

Laura: Did you hear about Nellie? She was found hanging in a tree out by the old mill.
Mary: Yes, I heard.
Laura: She was drained of all her blood.
Mary: (looks off into the distance)
Larua: Did you have anything to do with that?
Mary: Yes.

{Different scene. Water hole. Willie and his friends are trying to peep on the girls}

Willie: Look, one is coming out of the water now. Oh wait, its just Carrie.
Carrie: Whatcha doing?
Willie: Nothing. I just needed to talk to your sister.
Carrie: Oh. Laura, there's a boy to see you!
(Laura screams and ducks below the water. Willie runs toward the water)
Willie: I know you had something to do with my sister's death. Now come out of that water so I can get a good look at you, you long-legged snipe.
(All the boys start chiming in "Snipes, snipes, long legged snipes". Suddenly a shadow runs across the screen. Some of the boys panic, and others keep taunting. We hear something snap off screen, and see a head fly. All the taunting suddenly stops. Boys are running everywhere, we hear snarling, and see body parts flying all over the place. We keep a closeup on Laura's face as she is under the water. Suddenly, Mary's arm reaches into the water and pulls Laura up. Mary is covered in blood)
Mary: Those boys will never taunt us again. Come on, let's go home, Pa needs help bringing in the harvest.

Closing credits. Night. Laura and a black dog are running through the fields.
Old 05-11-2014, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravis778 View Post
LOL, talking about Let The Right One In in the same forum as Little House on the Prairie (I get it, the guy was from Sweden). That would be a strange crossover there.

Albert: How old are you?
Mary: 9
Albert: How long have you been 9?
Mary: A very long time....

{Different scene}

Laura: Oh that Nellie Olsen makes me so mad!!!!
Mary: If she is bothering you, I will make it better. No one messes with my sister.

{Different Scene}

Laura: Did you hear about Nellie? She was found hanging in a tree out by the old mill.
Mary: Yes, I heard.
Laura: She was drained of all her blood.
Mary: (looks off into the distance)
Larua: Did you have anything to do with that?
Mary: Yes.

{Different scene. Water hole. Willie and his friends are trying to peep on the girls}

Willie: Look, one is coming out of the water now. Oh wait, its just Carrie.
Carrie: Whatcha doing?
Willie: Nothing. I just needed to talk to your sister.
Carrie: Oh. Laura, there's a boy to see you!
(Laura screams and ducks below the water. Willie runs toward the water)
Willie: I know you had something to do with my sister's death. Now come out of that water so I can get a good look at you, you long-legged snipe.
(All the boys start chiming in "Snipes, snipes, long legged snipes". Suddenly a shadow runs across the screen. Some of the boys panic, and others keep taunting. We hear something snap off screen, and see a head fly. All the taunting suddenly stops. Boys are running everywhere, we hear snarling, and see body parts flying all over the place. We keep a closeup on Laura's face as she is under the water. Suddenly, Mary's arm reaches into the water and pulls Laura up. Mary is covered in blood)
Mary: Those boys will never taunt us again. Come on, let's go home, Pa needs help bringing in the harvest.

Closing credits. Night. Laura and a black dog are running through the fields.
LOL.. I would have hung Nellie's mother in a tree, and Nellie may could have gotten fixed/rehabilitated, knowing her father wouldn't put up with her shit like her mother did. He could have sent her off to the Ingalls to live for awhile. You know Charles would have gotten out the belt (or hot fireplace poker) many of times!