'Led Zepplin: The Song Remains the Same' -- pre-release buzz - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-14-2008, 11:11 AM

I found a copy at a local grocery store here. There is some audio cut-out in a couple of places on the Dolby TrueHD track, which I have to imagine they're going to want to try and fix before officially releasing.

Even with that, it's a hell of an experience, though. Seeing Jimmy Page just go freestyle for 20 minutes in the middle of 'Dazed and Confused' was amazing. It sounded fantastic as well.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:12 PM

YAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY its back on the schedule
Old 02-11-2008, 01:06 PM

btw, NETFLIX has dumped HD-DVD like an unemployed boyfriend. Another nail.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:19 PM

I am curious if the new Blu-ray release will have the audio dropouts still in Mobydick. If not, I wonder how we can get our discs exchanged for people who were able to get ahold of this the first time around?
Old 02-11-2008, 03:02 PM

Is this the only audio drop or are there more? I have it, but haven't checked per messages I recieved.

On the first one issued, fyi-

1h 40m 45s (7 seconds) - Drum Solo
1h 41m 45s (1 second) - Drum Solo

No sound, bitrate jumps from 2+Mbps to 850Kbps
Old 02-11-2008, 05:39 PM

Nice to see Warner took care of the clearence problem with the Davies brothers. I so want this.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:03 AM

Got mine here in italy 2 weeks ago in a media world. First time watching it, just zapping through, i didn't really notice the dropouts.
Next time i recorded the HD sound onto a edirol for my own pleasure and to re-edit in the missing tracks.
Found out, that after TSRTS more and more dropouts happened.
Then I recorded again the whole thing, more dropouts, BUT at different places.
3rd time recording, only 2 dropouts in the whole thing !
When I watched it afterwards completely through, only 1 dropout in total.
I would say, it's not on the Disks as REAL misprints, but instead it's the way they mastered it, that the players have their problems with them.
BTW, sound is fantastic, best by far, movie as stated before by someone else is still crap - i mean the mafiosi portions and the stupid dreamsections, unbelievable stupid and unnecessary - and the livesections are edited so bad together, that you have to be blind not to see, that the sound and the picture are 85% of the time out of whack.
Sound from the 27th of July 1973, picture from the 28th etc.
JPJ wears in 1 shot a jacket, in the next one without the jacket, next shot has him WITH the jacket again, 20 secs later, no jacket.
At the end of 1 song JP holds his guitar upside down, next camera-ankle guitar the other way round. then back to the guitar upside down shot.
poor, poor, poor editing.
And the 4 missing songs should have been in the movie and not as extras.