'Kill Bill Vol. 2' - High-Def Digest Review - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-30-2012, 01:21 AM

So being that I just realized how amazing Tarantino is (seriously, I watched PF back in 99 and found it boring, three weeks ago, I could not beleive how incredible it was), I decided to give this movies another go (again, I did not like them the first time). Wow, both Kill Bills are just excellent. I still like Inglorious Basterds better (the only one I did love the moment I saw it), but I cannot believe I did not enjoy these the first time around. There is a lot going on in them and it was great. I wished they would have released "The Whole Bloody Affair" by now though, because I would have rathered had that fight scene at the end of Vol 1 in color, but whatever, it works nonetheless. My only complaint is that the talk with Bill at the end goes on for a little too long, but it is still great. Oh, is it just me, or does the video and audio take a nose dive when she is training with Pai?
Old 04-30-2012, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
Oh, is it just me, or does the video and audio take a nose dive when she is training with Pai?
It's been a long time since I watched the bd, but I'd guess that it's intentional so it looks like an old kung-fu movie.

Some Tarantino movies get better with age. I thought Jackie Brown was incredibly boring the first time I saw it when I was 18. Watched it a couple years ago and really enjoyed it.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:38 PM

Man, I keep forgetting about that one. I did think Jackie Brown was great the first time I saw it, but I do not really count it since I missed the first hour or so of the movie.

I think my favorites go:

Inglorious Basterds
Reservoir Dogs
Pulp Fiction
Kill Bill Vol 1
Jackie Brown
Kill Bill Vol 2
Old 05-01-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManShow View Post
It's been a long time since I watched the bd, but I'd guess that it's intentional so it looks like an old kung-fu movie.
Exactly. That section of the movie was shot extra grainy and processed to look slightly faded as an homage to the '70s kung-fu movies that Tarantino would have seen at drive-ins.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
I would have rathered had that fight scene at the end of Vol 1 in color, but whatever, it works nonetheless.
A buddy of mine showed me the fight scene in color. I think he imported the Japanese DVD (since the Japanese blu-ray has the American version for some odd reason). I like the fight scene in black and white better. It just works as a homage to old samurai flicks.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:05 PM

Oh man, I thought since this thread made a comeback the Whole Bloody Affair edition maybe got announced finally. Awwww shit.