'Kill Bill Vol. 2' - High-Def Digest Review - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-16-2008, 09:38 PM

doing these movies back 2 back. cant wait.

oh yeah and I'm having a QT/Rodriguez-fest. these next days, KIll Bill's, Sin City, Pulp Fiction, Desperado, Grindhouse and if there's time going old school with Reservor Dogs and El Marachi. pretty stoked.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoney7 View Post

oh yeah and I'm having a QT/Rodriguez-fest. these next days, KIll Bill's, Sin City, Pulp Fiction, Desperado, Grindhouse and if there's time going old school with Reservor Dogs and El Marachi. pretty stoked.

Good times!!!!
Old 09-16-2008, 09:44 PM

Quote:

Great Marathon, I personally would add Dusk till Dawn too...the dream is to have all of these films & the whole bloody affair on blu-ray, but I'm guessing it'll be years before we see that if ever.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
Great Marathon, I personally would add Dusk till Dawn too...the dream is to have all of these films & the whole bloody affair on blu-ray, but I'm guessing it'll be years before we see that if ever.

Don't forget about Four Rooms QT & RR on the same bill.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:47 PM

Thanks for the great review Josh, it helped clear up a lot of questions I had about the transfer being fixed from the dvd versions and the validity and differences of other cuts of the films. I'm confident now just to buy these, as the "uncut" versions don't really sound interesting anymore.
Not to take anything away from Peter and Kevin, but Josh Zyber is my current favorite reviewer on this site. I also like the additional info he provides with his "Vital Stats" section. Keep up the good work!
Old 09-16-2008, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
oh shit of course, duh!!! From DUsk till Dawn is a must!

Quote:
Don't forget about Four Rooms QT & RR on the same bill.
damn thats why I come to these forums Four Rooms is a must as well!!!

I might throw True Romance on there as well, even though its Tony Scott (who is equally badass) its one of my fav QT scripts!!!!

thanks for the heads up, almost had a half-assed marathon.

I am leaving off The Faculty, jackie brown and Once Upon Time in Mexico for a reason though haha, they have their moments but are bottom of the barrel for these guys. (spy kids goes without saying)
Old 09-16-2008, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorheadache View Post
Thanks for the great review Josh, it helped clear up a lot of questions I had about the transfer being fixed from the dvd versions and the validity and differences of other cuts of the films. I'm confident now just to buy these, as the "uncut" versions don't really sound interesting anymore.
Not to take anything away from Peter and Kevin, but Josh Zyber is my current favorite reviewer on this site. I also like the additional info he provides with his "Vital Stats" section. Keep up the good work!
Peter and Ken
Old 09-16-2008, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Peter and Ken
That's what I meant! Really!

Oh, crap I am soo banned....
Old 09-16-2008, 11:55 PM

Quote:

Great Marathon. I actuall had a mini marathon in the same vein. I watched Sincy City about a week ago, Jackie Brown yesterday, Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs the day before, and Ive watched Kill Bills Volumes 1 and 2 back to back 3 times since I bought them.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:00 AM

got this for christmas and it's just as spectacular as the first one! i gotta put this in my 10 . 5 star overall the black and white scenes are excellent and the pcm track is superb