'Jurassic Park - 3D' - High-Def Digest Review - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-18-2013, 03:11 PM

I'd love to know how the official 3D conversion of this compares to the conversion a display could do to the 2D version.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravis778 View Post
Your link at the top to Jurassic Park Trilogy links to an admin login
Try it again. Should work now.
Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael
Old 04-18-2013, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plissken99 View Post
I'd love to know how the official 3D conversion of this compares to the conversion a display could do to the 2D version.
Having watched it both ways, there is a absolutely no comparison. This isn't a bad hack job conversion like Phantom Menace or Clash of the Titans. This could easily pass for native 3D.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNoize View Post
I'm afraid this is NOT an improvement. It's the same picture quality and can't imagine it ever being any better than it is now. However, it being presented in 3D does add another level of enjoyment to the movie, so in that respect, you might consider it an improvement.
Really? The 2D bluray has quite a bit of edge enhancement, and when I saw this 3D version in the theater, it seemed flawless except for one weird shot at the beginning right before Hammond shows up at the dig site in his helicopter... Is this different from what is currently playing in the theater?
Old 04-18-2013, 03:44 PM

Apparently the audio isn't the same as the last release, it's been remixed for the 3D version.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNoize View Post
In each of our reviews, the author's name links you to a short bio, description of our equipment and a complete list of that writer's reviews. Such as . . .

Reviewed by M. Enois Duarte

Good deal. Thanks!
Old 04-18-2013, 05:26 PM

Other forums are claiming that the 3D version has completely different colors than the previous 2D transfer and has been DNR'ed significantly (allegedly because grain causes issues with the 3D conversion).

I have not seen the disc myself yet.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:01 PM

Regardless how good Jurassic Park may look in 3D, 3D always have been a gimmick, and it's still a gimmick! It's just another opportunity, to bilk the consumers out of more money for admission to see 3D movies in the theater, and paying extra for 3D blu-ray movies. I don't like watching my movies, as if I'm watching them through a View Master.

Last edited by slimdude; 04-18-2013 at 08:05 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Other forums are claiming that the 3D version has completely different colors than the previous 2D transfer and has been DNR'ed significantly (allegedly because grain causes issues with the 3D conversion).

I have not seen the disc myself yet.
Some are saying the color timing on the 3D disc is closest to the original which has a warmer tone. I just watched this on LD today on my D704 and it kept kicking out the disk. After replacing the load belt and cleaning the spindle I was able to watch all four discs with no more issues. So I'm ready for next weeks 3D release been waiting for this for a while now. I still don't get the Oppeheimer photo on Nedry's monitor, it seems the movie maybe based on one of his quotes? What do you think it represents I would like to hear other opinions on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Robert Oppenheimer
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Robert Oppenheimer
The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears it is true.
I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:16 PM

I think it's a simple reference to an idea on the negative consequences of science; that for the miracles science can accomplish, there is also the potential for its destructive force, usually by those who lack the understanding and respect for the immense power of that discovery. Sattler mentions as much in a few areas of the story.

Hammond and his scientific team are like Oppenheimer, but Nedry is the one who attempts to take advantage of this scientific discovery for his own selfish purposes without respecting its destructive potential.
Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael