John Adams What Gives???? - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-27-2008, 12:42 AM
Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunstar715 View Post
isnt it a 7- part miniseries?

I have been wanting to catch it but keep missing it, i should set the dvr, lol
Yes 7 part as far as I know. I removed from the DVR once I found that HBO-HD OnDemand had it there. I have heard good things so far about this series.

While it is disappointing that this isnt being released on Blu-ray, I wouldnt think this would be right now. In the cost\benefit ratio I think the cost would be too high and outweigh the sales(benefit) to release this or any other show at this time. Right now I think they only released Sopranos and even that is incomplete . HBO will come around just give it time.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDWoLF81 View Post
John Adams takes more of a behind the scenes political approach to the revolution. Think of it as The Wire meets The Patriot but if the The Patriot didn't suck Mel Gibson's alls.

It helps if you are at least generally informed on the events that took place. Nonetheless it will at least spark interest if you are not.

please note that I am in no way implying that you are uninformed about anything.
Hey Mel Gibson was badass in The Patriot
Old 03-27-2008, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eL HaXo View Post
Hey Mel Gibson was badass in The Patriot
I like Mel. He's got range. He was great in Apocalypto. Complete transformation as the lead in that. What he did to his teeth alone. Wow.

What I meant was that The Patriot (Mel) took liberties with the facts on how the U.S. attained liberty for the sake of his glorified character. Point being that I agree he was badass but only because he wanted to be.
to much thought? maybe.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:34 AM

Quote:
How long has it been on and are they showing re-runs of episodes that have already played?
It is on vod hbo.. If you have that.
Old 03-27-2008, 04:32 AM

well bill hunt responded on another sight that it may be a blu too early to tell but judging by the people here it would be a good financial bet for hbo on blu btw should have a 4th of july release not only because independence day but the day adams and jefferson died
Old 03-27-2008, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDWoLF81 View Post
I like Mel. He's got range. He was great in Apocalypto. Complete transformation as the lead in that. What he did to his teeth alone. Wow.

What I meant was that The Patriot (Mel) took liberties with the facts on how the U.S. attained liberty for the sake of his glorified character. Point being that I agree he was badass but only because he wanted to be.
to much thought? maybe.
no i like john adams because it shows good and bad people on both sides and makes everyone human and flawed as we are and always have been patriot had the message "british all bad guys" patriots "all good guys"
Old 03-27-2008, 04:38 AM
Special Member

Quote:
How long has it been on and are they showing re-runs of episodes that have already played?
As previously stated is is on HBO Ondemand in both HD and SD versions. They also show repeats during the week, but I am not sure how they do it (if its jsut the previous Sundays episode or all of them). I believe its on episode 3 or 4 (the 1st week they did 2).

I saw what Bill hunt said, hopefully HBO decides to start releasing more on Blu-ray, would be nice to have a few of their series that deserve to be watched in HD.