'Jaws' is coming August 14, 2012! - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-10-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jak Donark View Post
I commented on this in another post, but I put up a petition on care2.com to get Jaws released on July 3rd. I've worked in retail electronics and movies for almost 10 years and I know all the issues with getting a release date changed, (marketing, production, distribution, not to mention if they are still working on a "restoration") But the movie does take place during the Fourth of July, it was the original summer blockbuster, it will most likely include a digital copy to take during a summer vacation or to the beach. (I know it's missing the point to watch a movie at the beach, but hey, it's Jaws!) I emailed Universal already and got a reply saying there were no plans to release Jaws on Blu-Ray. What? Really? Anyway if someone else has any suggestions on how to bring this to their attention it would be appreciated.
umm i have to imagine you got that reply long ago because it is in fact coming out this year. not sure if there's a date but its being released as part of the year long 100th anniversary for Universal. they're releasing many of their biggest hits over the year to celebrate. Spielberg even has 2 movies since ET is also coming out later this year. i'm guessing they'll both hit in the fall since that tends to be the release timetable for "big" releases.