Import of Blades of Glory - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-24-2007, 08:15 PM

For the OP - Yes, Amazon UK is extremely slow is revising / removing listing info. I has Brotherhood of the Wolf in pre-order with them, the original release was pushed back a few months, and it was mid-May until the listing & my pre-order was changed from "shipping April 28". You might find some older Paramount titles that have a different distributor in the UK or elsewhere in Europe who might release it, but it won't be Paramount. And you won't find Blades of Glory. From Imdb.com:

Distributors

* DreamWorks SKG (2007) (worldwide) (all media)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8boss87 View Post
I wonder how many of this title will leak though. Look at the OJ Simpson book, and what happens on a product recall.

For anyone to say there were no copies of this title, and that they make them ALL over the weekend before release is beyond illogical. They're out there, somewhere. And I'd bet money that some stores even have them, but were issued recalls. When I got Spider-Man 2.1 over 5 weeks early at my Wal-Mart, that tells you that it can be more than a week or two in advance.
Absolutely a few copies of Blades of Glory will slip through, some had to have been already shipped. Like when Fox pulled the BD release of Commando, a few slipped through. One member posted some time ago about finding a copy in a store in SF. I picked up a copy from a small etailer on eBay who didn't know what he had. I've already been scouring eBay for copies of Blades of Glory, and will be checking stores Tuesday. If anyone sees a copy, grab it. if you don't want to keep it, you can double your money on eBay.

EDIT: For what's worth, DVDPlanet still has a listing up for Blades of Glory BD. I just placed an order, and it took it and just got an email confirmation. They seem to get stock early - I've pre-ordered The Shooter, Disturbia & The Lookout from them and received them the Saturday or Monday before release date. So, I figure it's worth a try - worse case scenario they refund the charge to my CC.

Last edited by Cochise; 08-24-2007 at 08:40 PM.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:41 PM
Former Member

My thing is, about buying from ebay sellers, is a large amount of them sell items not in hand. I'm certain you got one that says "in hand ready to ship" but right now, there's 2 listed, both stating they'll ship AFTER the release date....good fuggin luck with THAT!

But yeah, Commando and Robocop got through a few, shit always happens. This is the kind of thing that WOULD be a collector's item if it weren't for the HD version. Just the controversial value, or sentimental value, though, that's tough.

EDIT: Yeah, what will Paramount do to any company with stock on a title that is going to be an obvious recall that doesn't return it?
Old 08-28-2007, 04:23 PM

A lot of retailers deal with 3rd party vendors for media, so likely, the vendor will send a rep to pick up recalled stock.

I managed to score a copy of MST3K volume 10 because the Best Buy near me has a lazy rep.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:27 PM

It's been 5 days... and the listing is still up...