"Hulk" (2003) / September 16th - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 08-01-2008, 07:05 PM
Flex Mentallo's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,676
Default

I'm not going to buy this on blu since I own the HD DVD but I have the tell you the HD DVD is reference quality for it's audio (Dolby Digital +) and video presentation.

As for the film itself I thought it was great. The pacing (I loved the fact this bad boy was nearly 2 1/2 hours long), comic book style editing, the drama of the generational battle of the Banner and the Ross families, and the Hulk action seqences itself were nothing short of excellent.

Many won't admit this but Hulk is more true to the original Lee/Kirby (with a dash of Peter David) than The Incrdeible Hulk which is Ultimate Hulk wrapped in the guise of The Incredible Hulk Bixby/Ferrigno tv show.

Ang Lee did a hell of a great job with this movie. Any director who would stick himself in a motion capture suit at ILM - after principle photography wrapped -to animate the Hulk's movements gets an A-okay in my book.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-01-2008, 07:24 PM
darkash's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 527
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super-VHS View Post
Which is fine really.... look what they are doing with that space. All of the extras from the previous releases and Lossless DTS-HD MA.

^^^^ That is why I don't understand Speed Racer and don't approve of it. Universal can fit lossless and good PQ on a single layer, why can't Warner? Hell Universal just put out a 2 hour movie w/ reference PQ/ lossless DTS AQ plus 'u-control' on a BD-SL..... so again, why can't Warner? Because they use the SL as an excuse for mediocrity, that's why.
What gets me fumming is that this proves you could get great PQ and AQ on a 30 GB disc. Why couldn't Universal or Paramount do this when they were on HD DVD? Damn Dobly Digital Plus tracks.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-01-2008, 07:27 PM
StoogeFan1118's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 821
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimshaw23 View Post
I think The Incredible Hulk is coming out in October based on the Videoeta.com site. They said they already have a release date but won't disclose it just yet. But it's pointing toward October. Hopefully it's true. I have a feeling it's October too.

Check it out http://videoeta.com/movie/89135
God I hope that is true October would be good for me. As for Ang Lees Hulk Like I said before its maybe a rental but not a purchase to for me only way I would buy it is if I could find it super cheap(I am talking the cost of a rental or lower but I wont count on that) so this is going into my netflix queue.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-01-2008, 11:08 PM
Emoney7's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,068
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex Mentallo View Post
I'm not going to buy this on blu since I own the HD DVD but I have the tell you the HD DVD is reference quality for it's audio (Dolby Digital +) and video presentation.

As for the film itself I thought it was great. The pacing (I loved the fact this bad boy was nearly 2 1/2 hours long), comic book style editing, the drama of the generational battle of the Banner and the Ross families, and the Hulk action seqences itself were nothing short of excellent.

Many won't admit this but Hulk is more true to the original Lee/Kirby (with a dash of Peter David) than The Incrdeible Hulk which is Ultimate Hulk wrapped in the guise of The Incredible Hulk Bixby/Ferrigno tv show.

Ang Lee did a hell of a great job with this movie. Any director who would stick himself in a motion capture suit at ILM - after principle photography wrapped -to animate the Hulk's movements gets an A-okay in my book.
I agree 100% with this post, very well put defense. I also see from some peoples side, like I said before, I think this failed staying true to 'the hulk' but was a success in creating an Ang Lee dramatic interpretation, personally I love this movie but I can see why some people were let down. I think if someone watched this not so objectively they would actually find the story that Ang Lee put his heart into and find it pretty good.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-01-2008, 11:12 PM
CaptainCanuck's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,665
Default

I love this movie and anyone who doesn't is a soulless cretin.
Alrighty then.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-01-2008, 11:23 PM
tibbydriver's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,875
Default

I love this movie but have it on allready. I want the new one pretty bad though. Ill pre order as soon as Amazon lets me.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-02-2008, 02:18 AM
eastx's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,750
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex Mentallo View Post
Many won't admit this but Hulk is more true to the original Lee/Kirby (with a dash of Peter David) than The Incrdeible Hulk which is Ultimate Hulk wrapped in the guise of The Incredible Hulk Bixby/Ferrigno tv show.
I don't know how anyone could think that. Sure 'Hulk' ignores the TV series, but it also ignores the comics and practically everything that makes the Hulk who he is. I must have missed the comics in which Hulk was 50 feet tall and jumped from state to state.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-02-2008, 04:19 AM
CaptainCanuck's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,665
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastx View Post
I don't know how anyone could think that. Sure 'Hulk' ignores the TV series, but it also ignores the comics and practically everything that makes the Hulk who he is. I must have missed the comics in which Hulk was 50 feet tall and jumped from state to state.

When i read comic books the hulk always got around by jumping from place to place.He wasn't 50 ft tall in the movie either,maybe 8 or 9.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-02-2008, 05:24 AM
eastx's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,750
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck View Post
When i read comic books the hulk always got around by jumping from place to place.He wasn't 50 ft tall in the movie either,maybe 8 or 9.
Watch it again. By the end of the movie, the love interest doesn't reach his waist. And his jumping around is fine, but like his size they amplified it to the point of ridiculousness.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-02-2008, 07:57 PM
StoogeFan1118's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 821
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastx View Post
Watch it again. By the end of the movie, the love interest doesn't reach his waist. And his jumping around is fine, but like his size they amplified it to the point of ridiculousness.
agreed that was ridiculous this movie just wasnt my cup of tea and calling people soulless or something to that effect is a bit childish.(though I am sure it wasnt intended to offend anyone) everyone has differnt tastes in movies> i havent seen this movie since it was in theaters and I will rent it to see the PQ. I guess this wil have to do untill the new and IMHO far superior movie is released on blu-ray/DVD
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'Hulk (2003)' - High-Def Digest Review Attebery Blu-ray Software General Discussion 125 12-03-2008 02:05 PM
"88 Minutes" 16th September rezpekt Blu-ray Software General Discussion 28 08-29-2008 12:31 PM
"Another Cinderella Story" 16th September rezpekt Blu-ray Software General Discussion 2 07-04-2008 07:09 PM
Xbox 360 version of Incredible Hulk from GameStop to have the Red Hulk james Gaming Smackdown 26 05-22-2008 03:58 AM
Foreign Blu-Ray's: "Monster", "Copland", "Traffic", "The Machinist", "ZZ Top Live"... Arkadin Blu-ray Software General Discussion 2 04-17-2008 08:25 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off