'Hugo' and 'Hugo - 3D' are coming February 28 - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-14-2012, 08:50 AM

Pre-order price for the Hugo 3D set has now dropped down to only $27.99 on Amazon use the link below so site gets referral credit!

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6320/hugo_3d.html
Old 01-14-2012, 09:05 AM

^ PO'd the 3D. I was waiting for a drop.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:41 PM

For those of you that have seen this movie, what is the replay value? Debating between blind buying or just renting.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:45 PM

I don't get it. Now this movie is suddenly loved when a month ago everyone was talking about how terrible it was? Why is it nominated for all of these things when Girl with the Dragon Tattoo gets snubbed?
Old 02-01-2012, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
I don't get it. Now this movie is suddenly loved when a month ago everyone was talking about how terrible it was? Why is it nominated for all of these things when Girl with the Dragon Tattoo gets snubbed?
People were talking about how terrible it was? Pfft, no, come off it. No one was talking about "Hugo" at all, because no one saw it. Because of the way it was poorly marketed by Paramount. "Hugo's" marketing--that's what was terrible.

Sure, "Dragon Tattoo" was also very good. And it was "snubbed". But so were a couple of other films from 2011. Very shitty year for the Academy. Safe and stupid choices... for the most part.

But they got it right with "Hugo". And "The Artist". Both are incredibly deserving of their noms.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:17 PM

'Hugo' was my favorite film of 2011. No contest.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super-VHS View Post
People were talking about how terrible it was? Pfft, no, come off it. No one was talking about "Hugo" at all, because no one saw it. Because of the way it was poorly marketed by Paramount. "Hugo's" marketing--that's what was terrible.

Sure, "Dragon Tattoo" was also very good. And it was "snubbed". But so were a couple of other films from 2011. Very shitty year for the Academy. Safe and stupid choices... for the most part.

But they got it right with "Hugo". And "The Artist". Both are incredibly deserving of their noms.
I'm pretty sure it was Hugo that was getting poor reviews. I thought it was weird seeing as how Spielburg and Stephn Moffat were behind it.

Never even heard of The Artist. In fact, I just looked at the list, and they are back to putting movies no one ever heard of on the list because I recognized only like 5 movies. I don't even know why Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy is on there when it never even came out.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:51 AM

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it was Hugo that was getting poor reviews. I thought it was weird seeing as how Spielburg and Stephn Moffat were behind it.
No. You're confusing "Hugo" with "The Adventures of Tintin."

But I like your tenacity of being previously corrected and sticking to your (incorrect) guns.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:54 AM

Quote:
No... that's "Tintin" . Although "Tintin" too wasn't exactly poorly reviewed (it has a 74% "Fresh" on RT). I liked "Tintin". Thought it was really fun (if, admittedly, far from perfect).

I loved "Hugo". Easily my favorite of the year and I think it's one of Scorsese's best films (partly because it's so different from everything else he's ever done, but also because it was so clearly an incredibly personal work for him). "Hugo" underperformed at the box office, but the critics have been--rightfully--going gaga for it since it was released (currently has a 96% fresh on RT).

Quote:
Never even heard of The Artist. In fact, I just looked at the list, and they are back to putting movies no one ever heard of on the list because I recognized only like 5 movies. I don't even know why Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy is on there when it never even came out.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickoakdl View Post
No. You're confusing "Hugo" with "The Adventures of Tintin."
Dang... beaten by three full minutes. And much more succinctly too. Oh well.