how come Blu-rays still come with 3D, DVD and Digital Copies? - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-07-2015, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
Often times though release week will have price wars and thus save some dough. As a person that prefers to have the slipcovers intact, I try to get it release week anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterBlaster View Post
Same here, if it's a movie I want, I usually stop at Target on release week for that movie, and it will be both on sale, and my only chance at either the slip cover version, or the steelbook if they have it.
How come your so interested in slip covers? I wouldn't mind if they didn't come with the cardboard sleeve it. I do keep the sleeve if I get one but I don't feel the need for them. I think we should save the trees.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterBlaster View Post
Same here, if it's a movie I want, I usually stop at Target on release week for that movie, and it will be both on sale, and my only chance at either the slip cover version, or the steelbook if they have it.
Target entered Canada by buying the leases of a Canadian company after barley more than a year in Canada they liquidated all 133 stores and exited Canada. People wanted their Target experience to be exactly like they've experienced in the USA. Target was always Empty when I went inside. Walmart has been in Canada for many years.

Walmart Canada
Predecessor: Woolco Canada
Founded: 17 March 1994
Old 10-08-2015, 12:07 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohanrage View Post
How come your so interested in slip covers? I wouldn't mind if they didn't come with the cardboard sleeve it. I do keep the sleeve if I get one but I don't feel the need for them. I think we should save the trees.
They're more colorful, often embossed and often devote more space to the cover art. Back cover is a perfect example - the audio video specs and credits are not usually on the slip cover itself but rather the back cover of the bd case.