High-Def Digest Forums

High-Def Digest Forums (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/)
-   Blu-ray Software General Discussion (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-ray-software-general-discussion-16/)
-   -   Has 'Heat' been cancelled? (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-ray-software-general-discussion/65964-has-heat-been-cancelled.html)

trp1985 09-11-2008 12:56 PM

Has 'Heat' been cancelled?

Earlier this year Warner said we'll be getting 'Heat: Special Edition' this year, but there's no news of it yet. What happened? Has it been pushed back?

BostonMA 09-11-2008 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trp1985 (Post 1178837)
Earlier this year Warner said we'll be getting 'Heat: Special Edition' this year, but there's no news of it yet. What happened? Has it been pushed back?

....heat was never ever scheduled or talked about. we're all waiting very patiently for this release, and seeing righteous kill tomorrow will hopefully calm my patience for a little bit...

twilightsection 09-11-2008 05:21 PM

Has Heat Been Cancelled

I remember reading it too.. warner planned to release it in November..
here is the link

bluray.highdefdigest.DOT COM/news/show/Warner/Disc_Announcements/More_Warner_2008/2009_Blu-ray_Release_Plans/1443

I reckon it will be released in Jan or Feb of 2009. Cant wait.

that1guypictures 09-11-2008 05:37 PM

I saw an article somewhere that said Heat was needing some serious remastering and the Director wanted to supervise the transfer...but I can't remember where. It was either in the forums here or over at thedigitalbits.com

Warner also had stated that Amadeus and Shawshank Redemption were supposed to be released this year. (Amadeus in February, Shawshank in December) but they have Shawshank was moved to next year, and Amadeus has not been spoken of since 2007.

daybona 09-11-2008 06:01 PM

This is my favorite film of all time. Heres to hoping its a quality release.

LastSonOfKrypton 09-11-2008 06:06 PM

I was certainly hoping this would be out in time for Christmas but I guess not. Let's hope for an early 09 release amidst the usual lull of releases.

Neutral101 09-11-2008 06:44 PM

I can't wait for Heat to come out BD, the DVD transfer is one of the worst I have ever seen. I'm looking forward to that big shootout scene with a TrueHD soundtrack.

Mobe1969 09-11-2008 07:16 PM

Yeah, warner said the HD master used for the DVD wasn't good enough for hi def and was rematering it.

twilightsection 09-11-2008 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by that1guypictures (Post 1179401)
I saw an article somewhere that said Heat was needing some serious remastering and the Director wanted to supervise the transfer...but I can't remember where. It was either in the forums here or over at thedigitalbits.com

I totally agree - the dvd was shockingly poor. I bought it twice just to get the commentary and the special features which were great by the way.

Id love to see a proper 90 minute or 2 hour making of and retrospective with various directors talking about why they love the movie and how much of an influence it has been on their movies and on the crime genre in general.

I dont care how long they spend remastering it..as long as they produce something spectacular. It should look tremendous on blu ray.

Danyuld 09-25-2008 02:18 PM

We not only need Michael Manns HEAT,

But we also need MANHUNTER and THIEF !!!