'A Good Day to Die Hard' is up for pre-order - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-15-2013, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attebery View Post
Most unpleasant trip I've taken to the movies in years.
After the 4th PIECE OF TRASH I will not even both renting this. Willis is too old. he started looking bad in #4, and looks horrible in this.

The 4th was just an abortion to the franchise. Oliphant was the most cardboard stiff villain I have ever seen in a movie. The acting and script was so bad in #4 I kept turning to my cousin when we watched and either laughed or let out of "Oh Brother, are you serious?"

I'm sure this one followed the same line, as you all seem to be pointing out.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
And in this one, he's a pointless sidekick just along for the ride, a spectator in his own movie. All he does is get in the way over and over again. Everything would have worked out better without him there.

He also turns into a stereotypical Ugly American obnoxious tourist, yelling at the locals for speaking their native language in their own country and just generally behaving like an ass the whole time.

This movie is a flat-out disgrace. It shouldn't exist.
You know I didn't think about that, the more I do, the more I see your point. McClane does end up getting proven right on most things in the movie, but yeah for the most part he acted like an ass, many of the action scenes happened because he screwed something up lol. I think they were trying to do a passing of the torch thing and it didn't work, not just because his son kinda fell flat, but we don't need future Die hard movies with another McClane in the leading role.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
The 4th was just an abortion to the franchise.
Well, not any more. The fifth film makes Live Free Or Die Hard look like Citizen Kane.

A Good Day to Die Hard is Smokey and the Bandit Pt 3 and Beverly Hills Cop 3 bad. (And I might be insulting Beverly Hills Cop 3...)

fitprod
Old 03-16-2013, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitprod View Post
Well, not any more. The fifth film makes Live Free Or Die Hard look like Citizen Kane.

A Good Day to Die Hard is Smokey and the Bandit Pt 3 and Beverly Hills Cop 3 bad. (And I might be insulting Beverly Hills Cop 3...)

fitprod
All the more reason for me to not come anywhere near #5.

thx
Old 03-17-2013, 05:58 AM

Haven't seen this yet and I also wasn't planning to rent it, but just that quick shot on its own in the movie trailer of the hot brunette unzipping her leather coat made me add it to the rental queue, lol.

Also, I think a better title for the movie would've been 'Old Habits Die Hard,' or something.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnecniv View Post
Haven't seen this yet and I also wasn't planning to rent it, but just that quick shot on its own in the movie trailer of the hot brunette unzipping her leather coat made me add it to the rental queue, lol.
I swear that wasn't even in the movie when I saw it.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:51 AM

It was, and it was just a brief as it was in the trailer, blink and you'll miss it.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:29 AM

It's at the very beginning of the movie, when they're breaking the guy out of the courtroom.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:28 PM

If there were a 5 disc Die Hard set, I'd buy it, urinate on the DH5 disc and mail it to fox.

Anyone tempted to buy/rent this should just buy DH1 on blu-ray, even if you already own it. Send some sort of message to Fox that we dont want to watch crap like this.

I do not understand how some of you like this as a dumb action movie. It wasnt even that. The movie was like a series of unrelated skits connected together to resemble a plot. Anytime someone said something to Willis, there would be an uncomfortably long pause while the camera zoomed in on Willis, and I'd wait for him to say something funny/awesome. Instead, he'd just say "yeah" "ok" or something else stupid. The movie was complete garbage. there was not one memorable line in the entire movie. The action was boring and uninventive. The plot was incomprehensible. McClane was a complete a$$hole and no doubt killed a number of innocent civilians in the car chase, when he didnt even know what he was doing other than following his son. The double-crosses in the movie made no sense whatsoever. There was absolutely no need for any deception on the films true villian's part.

I enjoyed every other DH movie to varying degrees, even DH4. I honestly love DH 4 (its far superior to DH2) but i loathed this movie with every fiber of my being. I honestly considered walking out to go see something else, but i stuck through it hoping the movie would get better as it went on. It didnt. I did not enjoy one second of the movie.

Whoever on this site who is forced to review this movie deserves a medal for having to sit through it. I'm expecting anywhere from zero to half a star. If the reviewer rates it higher, it would only be because the closing credits were effectively produced.

Last edited by bigsef3; 03-18-2013 at 12:40 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsef3 View Post
Anytime someone said something to Willis, there would be an uncomfortably long pause while the camera zoomed in on Willis, and I'd wait for him to say something funny/awesome. Instead, he'd just say "yeah" "ok" or something else stupid.
Let's be fair here. He also said "I'm on vacation!" a whole bunch of times.

[Note: The McClane character was not actually on vacation.]