The first Iron Man really needs an upgrade - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-01-2012, 12:30 PM

If it were your settings, you should got problems with other movies, but you only have problems with this movies from Paramount.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:08 PM

As mentioned by others, the first Iron Man Blu-ray had an authoring error that caused some brands of receiver to turn on Dynamic Range Compression ("Night Mode") if transmitting by bitstream. Check your settings to see if you can turn that off. If not, switch the Blu-ray player to decode the soundtrack interally to PCM.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
As mentioned by others, the first Iron Man Blu-ray had an authoring error that caused some brands of receiver to turn on Dynamic Range Compression ("Night Mode") if transmitting by bitstream. Check your settings to see if you can turn that off. If not, switch the Blu-ray player to decode the soundtrack interally to PCM.
Jesus, Josh, you really do know EVERYTHING LOL
Old 05-01-2012, 02:55 PM

Question

Quote:
the first Iron Man Blu-ray had an authoring error that caused some brands of receiver to turn on Dynamic Range Compression ("Night Mode") if transmitting by bitstream...
Dont you mean the Paramount Blu-Rays? Because Transfomers had the same problem too, just check the freeway scene when Brawler destroy the bus in a half, the explosion sounds weak too, the gunshots sounds like air soft guns too.

Kain even said that Transformers 2(paramount again) had the same problem and this had DTS instead of Dolby.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Yes, I have DRC turned off. It was one of the first things I did when I first turned on that player.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
Yes, I have DRC turned off. It was one of the first things I did when I first turned on that player.
You have to check it while the movie is playing. The disc triggers the receiver to switch.

If you still don't see anything there, switch to PCM output.