The first Iron Man really needs an upgrade - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-30-2012, 03:07 PM

I thought the audio was kind of so-so on Iron Man, at least in the beginning. It's not horrible although in my opinion it doesn't truly pick up until Stark creates the Mark II (III?) armor and heads back to the Middle East to kick butt. At that point going forward, the audio is off the chain. I'd say maybe check your settings, also, I do believe Cheez is right that there was some glitch on some Paramount Blu Rays back then that were automatically turing on the "night mode" settings in some receivers so definitely check that out. Also, you gotta remember, IM hit in 2008. Since then, there have a been a ton of BD's that blow IM's audio outta the water. It's still awesome, just not as awesome as it was in '08 .... lol ...
Old 04-30-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex Mentallo View Post
Since then, there have a been a ton of BD's that blow IM's audio outta the water. It's still awesome, just not as awesome as it was in '08 .... lol ...
The incredible Hulk, , H2 and Bolt come out in the same year and had a lot better impact than IM, shit even Spiderman 3 and Ratatouille had better sound that it.

Its the studio that has low performance in Audio.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:12 PM

I don't quite remember how IM1 sounded in the theaters to be honest, but the audio on the BD for it sounds excellent to me. I don't have the best sound system (Pio Elite receiver + 5.2 Acoustech speakers and subwoofers calibrated via MCACC), but I swear that entire cave escape sequence is still one of my favorite scenes to show off to friends and family whenever they come over. Sounds incredible to my ears. Particularly when he's stomping out the cave after speaking with Yinsen, the ball tickling bass and overall dynamic sound alone from those few seconds make the disc worth the price of admission for me.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:40 PM

Sounds like someone doesn't have their receivers set up properly. IM was great for audio.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
No, there is barely any sound coming from explosions and stuff. Take when Iron Man is in the caves and the guy shoots an RPG at Tony, in the theater, there was a loud explosion sound effect. On the BD, the sound effect is very quiet and the subwoover is the only thing that rumbles, but there is supposed to be a BOOM to go with the sub. Not this little dinky [SIZE="1"]boom.[/
Ah ok, I see what you mean now. Not the bass but the actual sound effect. Hm, never had much of an issue with IM1's sound after taking care of the problem Cheeze mentioned. Have you looked into that?
Old 05-01-2012, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
I remember there being an issue with people's receiver settings being automatically turned on once the disc was inserted into the player - that setting where the volume is lowered by default, like if someone is sleeping or in another room, etc., it adjusts itself and you have to manually turn that off in order to get the full sound effects of the Blu-ray.

Iron Man is a great sounding disc. Check your settings again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Favelle View Post
Sounds like someone doesn't have their receivers set up properly. IM was great for audio.
I'm quite certain my receiver is set up fine given that every other movie I own is fine. And my player's set up is the same as it has been since Day 1. It does this even on the PS3 though.

However, I have no idea how to check the receiver because there are too many buttons and options on this thing and the manual is too big to even help me. If I press one button, it usually takes me 5-10 minutes to figure out what I hit just to get it back to what I had it on.

I actually do not even know how to access the on screen settings menu. The manual says to press both the receiver button and menu, but nothing happens when I do.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex Mentallo View Post
Also, you gotta remember, IM hit in 2008. Since then, there have a been a ton of BD's that blow IM's audio outta the water. It's still awesome, just not as awesome as it was in '08 .... lol ...
Never heard of night time mode. I would have no idea how to even check that on my receiver.

And even in 2008 I thought the audio for the BD sucked.

Another example is when Tony is thrown into the bus by Obe. There is just a little quiet smashing sound, but nothing big.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:28 AM

Look pal, use the logical, if IM and Transformers 2 sounds terrible and I am telling you that Transformers had the same kind problem, so the answer is the studio, that is the answer. If you not believe watch Transfomers.

ShiT EVEN my DVDs from Sony sounds louder and better than them.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Cat View Post
Look pal, use the logical, if IM and Transformers 2 sounds terrible and I am telling you that Transformers had the same kind problem, so the answer is the studio, that is the answer. If you not believe watch Transfomers.

??? Sounding louder =/= better.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Cat View Post

Yes, but all of these other people are saying theirs work fine.