'Evangelion 2.22: You Can (Not) Advance (Hong Kong Import)' - High-Def Digest Review - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-25-2011, 03:55 PM
Former Member

ROFL weird timestamp thing. THAT's bizarre. i should erase my post and make you look psychic or psychotic. that'd learn the system!! jk

and yes, i'm doing Summer Wars. currently no idea about the girl who leapt through time. it will probably go into an RRL vote.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:02 PM

Did you guys do Eden of the East?
Old 04-25-2011, 04:03 PM

Hopefully, the review of Summer Wars will mention this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRJY-FwUMdc&feature=player_embedded

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
Hopefully, the review of Summer Wars will mention this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRJY-FwUMdc&feature=player_embedded
Sorry what is it? I can't see the video.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godstar View Post
Sorry what is it? I can't see the video.
CSI:NY. It's a bit on Second Life. It's pretty ridiculous. It sort of reminds me of the whole Summer Wars film.

Old 04-25-2011, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
CSI:NY. It's a bit on Second Life. It's pretty ridiculous. It sort of reminds me of the whole Summer Wars film.
From a computer science perspective, it would seem improbable - but it's Japanese and I'm sure they liken that sort of Second Life stuff to being around the corner. Especially with the notion that people are going to use their second life/vr accounts as control account to their business/work/etc. accounts. Now maybe it's not improbable if you take the Facebook linking to other sites and how you can log into one with the other, but I don't think it would ever be as pervasive as they imagined. But of course, this is sort of a simplistic science fiction show with a very heavy family values oriented story wrapped around it.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:17 PM
Former Member

That video is fucking hilarious!!!! just...wrong!!!!

re: Eden. that's one of my next assignments as well. shit keeps coming up. today i'm taking a day off from the day job, and since it's a rare day i get to myself, i'm doing something that will feel more like fun than work. anime, i do love it, but starting a new show IS work. figuring out WTF is up takes time.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
That video is fucking hilarious!!!! just...wrong!!!!

re: Eden. that's one of my next assignments as well. shit keeps coming up. today i'm taking a day off from the day job, and since it's a rare day i get to myself, i'm doing something that will feel more like fun than work. anime, i do love it, but starting a new show IS work. figuring out WTF is up takes time.
Yeah and they just came out with the new Eden of the East: The King of Eden, lucky you!
Old 04-25-2011, 04:22 PM
Former Member

yep. hits streets tomorrow. i hope to get the eden review done within 2 weeks.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godstar View Post
From a computer science perspective, it would seem improbable - but it's Japanese and I'm sure they liken that sort of Second Life stuff to being around the corner. Especially with the notion that people are going to use their second life/vr accounts as control account to their business/work/etc. accounts. Now maybe it's not improbable if you take the Facebook linking to other sites and how you can log into one with the other, but I don't think it would ever be as pervasive as they imagined. But of course, this is sort of a simplistic science fiction show with a very heavy family values oriented story wrapped around it.
Not saying it wasn't entertaining. Just...ridiculous. I liked the elements that took place out of the "computer world." Though, I am getting tired of the "pervert boy" element in Anime stories.