'Evangelion 2.22: You Can (Not) Advance (Hong Kong Import)' - High-Def Digest Review - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-31-2010, 12:08 AM

Quote:
WHY the angels want to do this, that's the question, but the reason that they do attack, after their incubation of 15 years, directly relates to Adam and Lilith
So in other words, you haven't the foggiest.
This series is bullshit.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:22 AM
Former Member

well, technically, why the angels want to cease to exist after their incubation is a mystery, however, WHAT they are doing is very damn clear. considering each and every angel is another vision of what humanity could have possibly been, like misfires from above, it opens theological questions.

why they do what they do can only be explained, up to now, by their desire to be one again with Adam and/or Lilith. if you want to say i don't have the foggiest, then i'll just say they all have some serious oedipus complexes. there.

the series is hardly bullshit. if one overthinks a show, even the most enjoyable programming becomes stupid or ridiculous or nonsensical. the angels aren't the protagonists, they're the antagonists, and they're the keys for unlocking the realizations of the pilot class. much like how the best weapon is never found in the first village in a role playing game, some things just are the way they are.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:51 AM

awesome review, looking exactly what i need,
Old 10-31-2010, 01:29 AM

Humans could have turned into torpedo-submarines?

"Opens theological questions" = a simulacrum of depth, with no deliberate content.
Like I said earlier, highfalutin' nonsense.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:39 AM

Recently checked out the Funi BD, loved it. Enjoy most of all how Shinji's character has been drastically made less annoying, I mean for sure he can still can be a whiny bitch, but the way his character has been re-represented in the rebuild so far, particularly in 2.22, is nothing short of miraculous, imo. In a nutshell, he is more socially active, way less emo and when it does come time to whine, there's usually a good reason for it.

One thing though that kinda threw me off:

Spoiler
When Kaoru say's 'Hello, father' to Fuyutski. I was like, what?

Too bad (unless I've missed something) there's no word yet on when they plan to release the third film, I must've watched the trailer for it at the end of 2.22 a dozen times now. Can't wait.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Id View Post
So in other words, you haven't the foggiest.
This series is bullshit.

I found wikipedia to be an excellent source of in depth analysis.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neon_Ge...ngelion_(anime)
Old 04-25-2011, 03:46 PM

Just watched the US release of this BD, and it's awesome. The graphics are amazing, sounds amazing, and the remake of the story is excellent. Loving the remakes so far!
Old 04-25-2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
Jason, review for that one is in system. honestly, it has some places it's better than the HK release, others where it's not as good.

loving the remakes so far, too.
I was just blown away by the detail in the scenes were they are walking through the city. My jaw just hit the floor it was that impressive.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:48 PM
Former Member

Jason, review for that one is in system. honestly, it has some places it's better than the HK release, others where it's not as good.

Old 04-25-2011, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post

Hey are you going reviewing Summer Wars? It's very good, not sure if you have considered it yet, but all together a great show.

BTW: How the hell did my response end up above your post?!