High-Def Digest Forums

High-Def Digest Forums (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/)
-   Blu-ray Software General Discussion (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-ray-software-general-discussion-16/)
-   -   'Easter Parade' - High-Def Digest Review (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-ray-software-general-discussion/129905-easter-parade-high-def-digest-review.html)

Attebery 03-01-2013 11:57 AM

'Easter Parade' - High-Def Digest Review

David has reviewed 'Easter Parade.' He says the film is a celebration of the movie musical and the incomparable talents of Judy Garland and Fred Astaire. The Blu-ray features excellent video and audio transfers and a good assortment of rare and entertaining supplements. Highly recommended. Warning: Once you read this review you're gonna want to order the disc!

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/7970/easter_parade.html

Boston007 03-01-2013 01:34 PM

Why does Amazon list it with a problem and you can't order it?
Item Under Review
While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

Super-VHS 03-01-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boston007 (Post 2376794)
Why does Amazon list it with a problem and you can't order it?
Item Under Review
While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

It's because of the missing Garland documentary.

Apparently, Warner is aware of the issue and is working on a replacement.

dbacksfan 03-01-2013 03:58 PM

I'm happy to hear Warner is aware of the problem and is working to rectify it. The omission of that documentary was a HUGE snafu, and I can't even imagine how it happened in the first place. That documentary alone is worth the price of the disc!! It won three Emmys and is by far the best Garland documentary ever produced, and believe me, I've seen them all!

Boston007 03-01-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbacksfan (Post 2376829)
I'm happy to hear Warner is aware of the problem and is working to rectify it. The omission of that documentary was a HUGE snafu, and I can't even imagine how it happened in the first place. That documentary alone is worth the price of the disc!! It won three Emmys and is by far the best Garland documentary ever produced, and believe me, I've seen them all!

Ahhh thanks dback and Super-VHs. You solidified me buying this when it's back in stock!

dbacksfan 03-18-2013 09:09 PM

So I just today received my replacement disc from Warner. Very disappointed!! I did NOT receive a corrected Blu-ray disc with the Garland documentary included as I had anticipated. Instead, I received Disc Two of the Easter Parade DVD that includes the Garland documentary. I ALREADY OWN THE FRICKIN' DVD!! I was hoping to get a complete Blu-ray with all the promised extras intact!! I'm really furious! Is this how Warner is dealing with this glaring error????

I see Easter Parade is still not reinstated on Amazon, leading me to believe a corrected retail disc has not yet been produced. Does anyone know the status of that? Has anyone else received the DVD Disc Two as a replacement?

Boston007 04-03-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbacksfan (Post 2379949)
So I just today received my replacement disc from Warner. Very disappointed!! I did NOT receive a corrected Blu-ray disc with the Garland documentary included as I had anticipated. Instead, I received Disc Two of the Easter Parade DVD that includes the Garland documentary. I ALREADY OWN THE FRICKIN' DVD!! I was hoping to get a complete Blu-ray with all the promised extras intact!! I'm really furious! Is this how Warner is dealing with this glaring error????

I see Easter Parade is still not reinstated on Amazon, leading me to believe a corrected retail disc has not yet been produced. Does anyone know the status of that? Has anyone else received the DVD Disc Two as a replacement?

It is back in stock on Amazon. I want to know if they corrected the issues? i want to know if this new batch from Amazon has the documentary.