High-Def Digest Forums

High-Def Digest Forums (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/)
-   Blu-ray Software General Discussion (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-ray-software-general-discussion-16/)
-   -   Early Cloverfield spottings (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-ray-software-general-discussion/56080-early-cloverfield-spottings.html)

vinnie97 05-25-2008 02:30 AM

Early Cloverfield spottings

I heard a few Wal-Marts have it out...let's share the specifics to give others in your locales a head's up. I'd be curious if this is available in the Dallas area (east side near Mesquite in particular :p) for instance.

tons of puppies 05-25-2008 02:54 AM

Hey vinnie, I had no idea you were in Mesquite!

I haven't been to Wal-Mart in ages but I thought Cloverfield wasn't going to be available in-store?

bootylicious_krissy 05-25-2008 03:52 AM

It says Not Sold in Store :( is this gonna be the same as V for Vendetta? Walmart wont stock it..

vinnie97 05-25-2008 04:13 AM

Hey puppies, I've alluded to my whereabouts before...you must've been too busy watching your back in smackdown. ;)

All I know is some folks have said they found this in-store and reported here (check the Bee Movie thread), though no hard evidence...they're not around now to further substantiate of course at this ungodly hour.

iontyre 05-25-2008 03:23 PM

Speaking of Cloverfield, I watched the DVD last night (red box rental), and no way in hell was that the cut of the film I saw in the theater!!! What happened? Tons of the bits of the two at Coney Island were missing, and I distnctly remember at the end there was some text about how the tape was found and all. And they part where they were in the maintenance room in the subway after the little creature attack was way shorter than I remember. Whole film only ran 75 minutes!!!!! No one else has noticed this?

DocDJ 05-25-2008 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iontyre (Post 978170)
Speaking of Cloverfield, I watched the DVD last night (red box rental), and no way in hell was that the cut of the film I saw in the theater!!! What happened? Tons of the bits of the two at Coney Island were missing, and I distnctly remember at the end there was some text about how the tape was found and all. And they part where they were in the maintenance room in the subway after the little creature attack was way shorter than I remember. Whole film only ran 75 minutes!!!!! No one else has noticed this?

They showed the text (about where they found it and all) in the beginning.

iontyre 05-25-2008 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocDJ (Post 978208)
They showed the text (about where they found it and all) in the beginning.

So it was different from the theater? And how come it lasted only 75 minutes? I checked online and its listed as 84 minutes. The DVD I rented did not run 84 minutes, even including credits!!!

ben1080p 05-25-2008 04:38 PM

Even if I did see it I wouldnt buy it for 30 or 35 bucks now that my preordered shot down to 19.99 on Amazon./:)

jgriffaz 05-25-2008 05:05 PM

If I use Amazon will I get it on 6/3?

DocDJ 05-25-2008 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iontyre (Post 978219)
So it was different from the theater? And how come it lasted only 75 minutes? I checked online and its listed as 84 minutes. The DVD I rented did not run 84 minutes, even including credits!!!

No, in the theaters they also showed the text at the very beginning. The difference in runtime might be PAL speedup ? Don't know where you are located of course, but still...