Dragon Ball Z Hits Blu-ray Disc - Page 4 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-17-2007, 04:14 PM
Banned

I got this on Wednesday and have watched it a couple times. First, the menus are very nice, but cannot be accessed from the films. Hitting menu will quickly take u to the main menu. Sounds worse than it is. I was only able to compare the opening credits, and with the new DVD rereleases. On bluray the colors are much richer and deeper. As for the movies, they look good but this is Dragon Ball Z, not Ghost in the Shell, so don't expect a demo disc. The second movie came out later and looks a little better. They are both enjoyable movies, and I'm glad they opted to leave off the fan-rated worst Bio-Broly movie. It also included a short special on their remastering process, including some shots of them at work editing which really relieved me of a lot of my stress since I bought "Season 1" and found out they cropped it to hell. There is actually a lot of animation on the sides that was never seen before! I mean people said that but after I actually saw it was nearly the same amount of space it really helped my nerdy insides relax.

PS. Mr. Killer thank you for reminding me how human beings can be asinine, ignorant, and mindless all at the same time (and you can't spell)
Old 11-17-2007, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valaquenta View Post
PS. Mr. Killer thank you for reminding me how human beings can be asinine, ignorant, and mindless all at the same time (and you can't spell)
He's ignorant and mindless for holding the opinion of not liking a cartoon? I think you need to reevaluate your definitions. DBZ is fun fluff (at times) but you'd have to be insane (not to mention devoid of any logic) to think people NEED to like a show.

On topic, got this coming from netflix, so hopefully I enjoy it. I'd rather not blind buy it, as I don't entirely trust FUNimation right off the bat with any new venture of theirs.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space_Butler View Post
He's ignorant and mindless for holding the opinion of not liking a cartoon? I think you need to reevaluate your definitions. DBZ is fun fluff (at times) but you'd have to be insane (not to mention devoid of any logic) to think people NEED to like a show.

On topic, got this coming from netflix, so hopefully I enjoy it. I'd rather not blind buy it, as I don't entirely trust FUNimation right off the bat with any new venture of theirs.
Well we all know the original was butchered dialoguewise and even some of Z's perversion was cut as well. Shame they can't leave well enough alone in at least sub's or give out an adults version for the purists.
I heard One Piece was wrecked to appeal to kids. vomits in disgust.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:03 PM

Id wish they put out all 13 movies into a boxset
Old 11-17-2007, 06:29 PM
formerly Iwantthisonblu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarang View Post
Well we all know the original was butchered dialoguewise and even some of Z's perversion was cut as well. Shame they can't leave well enough alone in at least sub's or give out an adults version for the purists.
I heard One Piece was wrecked to appeal to kids. vomits in disgust.
One Piece is a disaster of epic proportions. Try to sit through the opening, it's terrible.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:09 PM

I picked this up today at Fry's. I've watched the first movie so far, but haven't gotten to The Second Coming yet. While the movie did look good, it's not exactly a breathtaking transfer. There is still plenty of dirt on the print, and none of the colors seem as rich as they could have been.

This could be intentional, as they were probably trying to replicate the colors of the original theatrical exibition, which I suppose IS the best option. Unfortunately, it means that it won't "wow" anyone. I liked it though, worth the purchase. I'll give the transfer a 3/5.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantthisonblu View Post
One Piece is a disaster of epic proportions. Try to sit through the opening, it's terrible.
fansubs FTW
Old 11-19-2007, 06:13 AM
formerly Iwantthisonblu

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiK View Post
fansubs FTW
The only way to fly. I can't stomach another travesty from 4kids.