'Doom' - High-Def Digest review - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-02-2009, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vich View Post
I was thinking the exact same thing. The DVD version had a demo of the game too.
This is kind of bugging me too. Does anyone have some clarification on this?
Old 02-02-2009, 08:51 AM

This movie is pretty much crap, but can be quite entertaining if you're in the sort of mood where you can think of nothing, absolutely nothing else to do.

Btw, that pic of Rosamund Pike is not a screenshot at all. It's a picture of her realizing that her agent just signed her up for 'Doom'.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:15 AM

I rented this on HD DVD at one time. It was absolute garbage. It wasn't even a fun popcorn flix, just crap.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:09 PM

This movie was disappointing. I think they decided to make an alien action movie with the rock and to get the money they decided to make some modifications and call it Doom. Like a Quentin Tarrintino presents type of deal. Throwing a big name on it will help it sell more. Unfortunately it just left people disappointed expecting it to be as good as the Doom game is.

It actually grew on me after the 3rd time seeing it. Not that I sat down and watched it three times, it's been on tv while I've sat on the computer and worked.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:50 PM

Doom 3 came out on the original Xbox not the 360 . I believe there was a demo on the dvd release of this movie which suggests that the reviewer has not actually gone through the whole disc :-)

I have the canadian version and am trying to access the extended FPS scene but I can only see the documentary. Any ideas?
Old 02-13-2009, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweedlebug View Post
Surely Universal has better catalog movies then this that they could release on blu?

Sometimes I am really confused by the decisions made by these companies.

Hey, if Warner can release crap like TEENAGE MUTANT TURTLES, ABOVE THE LAW, FALLING DOWN, ROBIN HOOD PRINCE OF THIEVES,TANGO & CASH etc. Why can't Universal release this?