High-Def Digest Forums

High-Def Digest Forums (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/)
-   Blu-ray Software General Discussion (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-ray-software-general-discussion-16/)
-   -   do you think we will get the same Lethal Weapon Collection as the UK? (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-ray-software-general-discussion/123506-do-you-think-we-will-get-same-lethal-weapon-collection-uk.html)

FencingFoxFTW 02-16-2012 05:16 AM

do you think we will get the same Lethal Weapon Collection as the UK?

so it's finally coming June 12, 2012.

looking at some early articles about it, it sure looks like it will be the same release.

(sorry, can't post the link, but it should be easy to google)

Krawk 02-16-2012 07:27 AM

We all expect the very same discs. They will of course have to lame down the cover art for the states.

Plissken99 02-16-2012 12:36 PM

The specs are identical, and the MSRPis $80 for the US set. If you haven't already, I'd order the UK set for MUCH cheaper. I've been enjoying mine since last October.

Super-VHS 02-16-2012 01:52 PM

They'll be the same. The UK discs have FBI warnings.

FencingFoxFTW 02-17-2012 02:11 PM

yeah I'd rather pay the $40 bucks or so for the UK version. thanks guys.

funny thing, US amazon eliminated the page with the UK versions, to get them preorders.

CorruptedDragon 02-18-2012 04:38 PM

They are exactly the same discs so waiting to pay more just doesn't make sense. I bought them last year from the UK and paid $30 for them. Love ordering box sets from the UK. You get such awesome deals!

Philnerd 02-19-2012 05:26 PM

Yes its odd how cheap the box sets are from Amazon UK. I got my Alien, Dirty Harry and Batman box sets all from the UK. Haven't gotten around to ordering the Lethal Weapon set, but I'm pretty sure it'll be the UK version too when I get to it.

twonunpackmule 02-19-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon (Post 2298317)
They are exactly the same discs so waiting to pay more just doesn't make sense. I bought them last year from the UK and paid $30 for them. Love ordering box sets from the UK. You get such awesome deals!

I'm OCD and cannot stand the badging system used by the UK. My biggest regret on a BD purchase was my purchase of Gone with the Wind, as I absolutely hate the packaging. It's ugly.

I also don't have to day 1 this stuff. I grew up with the films. I've seen them countless times. I'll wait for Amazon to have a gold box deal on series sets.

FencingFoxFTW 02-21-2012 05:14 AM

oh I don't mind their rating logos at all, so i guess I'm goig to look more into ordering from UK sites. I'll even consider UK amazon, since US amazon doesn't give me free shipping anyway.

CorruptedDragon 02-21-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twonunpackmule (Post 2298423)
I'm OCD and cannot stand the badging system used by the UK. My biggest regret on a BD purchase was my purchase of Gone with the Wind, as I absolutely hate the packaging. It's ugly.

I also don't have to day 1 this stuff. I grew up with the films. I've seen them countless times. I'll wait for Amazon to have a gold box deal on series sets.

That's why custom covers are your friend!