Divergent Series 3-Film Collection coming October 10 - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-14-2017, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
Not even a straight to video

And how can you not have Shailene Woodley? Awful
Woodley's contract only required her to be in feature films. When they asked her to be in the TV show, she said, "Uhh, no thank you."

Did you see the trailer for the third movie? She couldn't even disguise how bored she was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
WTH were they thinking splitting the last one, then leaving people high and dry?
Well, they were thinking that the movies would continue to make lots of money, like the first two did. The audience had other ideas and stopped going.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:05 PM

They should have just ended the third movie with the wooden main girl's death. At least it would have been some sort of ending.

Although, the actress is a total snob. She should be thankful the series even casted her talentless ass as if it weren't for these movies, she would have to sell her body off a street corner to those who are desperate.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
Although, the actress is a total snob. She should be thankful the series even casted her talentless ass as if it weren't for these movies, she would have to sell her body off a street corner to those who are desperate.
Shailene Woodley is a fine actress when given good material that she gives a shit about. She was excellent in The Descendants. I think with this series, she just fell into the trap of taking the job for the big paycheck, expecting it to open up her career and allow her to do better things. But then when she actually got stuck in the cycle of churning out these movies year after year, standing in front of green-screens staring at nothing and pretending that the franchise's utterly stupid plot made any sense, she stopped caring about any of it very quickly.

Watching the second and third movie grow progressively worse (when even the first one wasn't particularly good to start with), and being locked into a contract that requires you to keep making more of them, is the kind of thing that can easily break a person's spirit. I can't blame her for taking the first opportunity to bail.
Old 08-14-2017, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Woodley's contract only required her to be in feature films. When they asked her to be in the TV show, she said, "Uhh, no thank you."

Did you see the trailer for the third movie? She couldn't even disguise how bored she was.
Didn't see there trailer, Ill have to youtube it
Old 08-15-2017, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
Didn't see there trailer, Ill have to youtube it
I'll save you the three minutes. This look says it all.

Old 08-15-2017, 03:22 PM

Quote:
I'll save you the three minutes. This look says it all.
I did go and check out the trailer and laughed at that exact scene. It sort of epitomizes this movie series
Old 08-16-2017, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Shailene Woodley is a fine actress when given good material that she gives a shit about. She was excellent in The Descendants.
That Disney movie with the fairy tale people?

Quote:
and being locked into a contract that requires you to keep making more of them, is the kind of thing that can easily break a person's spirit. I can't blame her for taking the first opportunity to bail.
Whether she likes it or not, she signed up for it and was being paid to do a job. If she can't do that job to her fullest extent, then she should have given up her paycheck. If I walked into the classroom, sat down at my desk and said, "You know what kids, I don't feel like teaching this week, go do whatever you want," I would be fired.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:36 AM

Quote:
That Disney movie with the fairy tale people?
Famous movie. Multiple Oscar nominee.

Quote:
Whether she likes it or not, she signed up for it and was being paid to do a job. If she can't do that job to her fullest extent, then she should have given up her paycheck. If I walked into the classroom, sat down at my desk and said, "You know what kids, I don't feel like teaching this week, go do whatever you want," I would be fired.
The job she signed up for was to star in movies. They stopped making movies for this franchise. She did not sign up to make a TV show. She was under no obligation to make a TV show just to continue a story that even the audience no longer cares about.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:10 PM

I'm not talking about that though, I'm talking about the lack of any effort she gave in the third movie.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:23 PM

Quote:
I'm not talking about that though, I'm talking about the lack of any effort she gave in the third movie.
From what I can tell, it wasn't just Woodley that stopped giving a damn during that one.