High-Def Digest Forums

High-Def Digest Forums (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/)
-   Blu-ray Software General Discussion (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-ray-software-general-discussion-16/)
-   -   'Die Hard Collection' - High-Def Digest review (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-ray-software-general-discussion/26824-die-hard-collection-high-def-digest-review.html)

Spideybat 11-21-2007 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenshiro (Post 458733)
Did you even look at the pics from AVS? The DH1 screens are a huge improvement on BD, the DVD is a blurry mess. Then again it all depends on how the old eyesight works ;)

Wow! I just looked at the comparison shot. The BD Set blows the SD away! Glad I got min in today. :D

RandellG 11-21-2007 06:39 PM

I actually like how this review is done. It's a lot better than the box set of Spider-man. The reviews aren't cluttered. I never even went to read the review for the SM Tri. cause it didn't break the reviews down for each disc, which I believe was a good idea. I checked and Peter did do both reviews, before buying the SM Tri. I wanted to see if SM 2.1 was in it and it took me a year and a day to find out it was. I wish he could go and redo the SM one, well then again no cause I know he won't have time, but I hope he does it for the HP box set....

Oh and whoever said they wished he would have separated the reviews, he did. He more than likely didn't want to waste time putting each one on a different page, that takes a while, trust me I know.

WinLwin 11-22-2007 12:03 AM

Are you kidding me?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dachst8087 (Post 458073)
They Blew It Again! A Collection That Should Have Been Worked On Till It Was Clean And Ready To View. But No They Rushed Out And Didnt Give It The Pq It Needs! Another Blu Blunder!

Don't believe in those reviews who looked down upon this Die Hard Collection. Picture Quality is outstanding for me as well as Audio Profile. I have more than 125 BDs and 30 HD DVDs and I can say it's a collection you must own. It's much better than most of Universal HD titles. Forgot about those HD DVD backers who couldn't get FOX titles. This is it. Jealousy. :p

weasl 11-22-2007 12:09 AM

Going to have to agree with the other posters on this one. Even the first 2 movies are a solid 4 out of 5 on PQ in my book.

WinLwin 11-22-2007 12:15 AM

What do you (HD DVD Backer) know about Blu Ray?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkadin (Post 457801)
WOW. Sorry this sounds extremely dissapointing regarding pq for 1 and 2. Everybody hopefully will finally quit claiming that Fox is somehow the next coming of God with their transfers. Bottem line is Fox's catalog transfers of 4 extremely high profile titles have not blown ANYONE away. In fact, not even close. I'm not saying these movie (Robocop, The Fly, etc.) will ever look pristine necessarily, but it seems to me that regarding catalogs, Fox is average at best so far. Universal has done far better with their recent catalogs than Fox imo, no question.

Don't spread your reckless childish critism over this Blu Ray Collection. If you have a good system set up properly, in any point side of view, blu ray quality is much better than HD DVD. Did you really see all 4 blu ray dvds. Sorry you couldn't enjoy coz you are HD DVD backer and can't get FOX titles. I have more than 20 Universal HD DVD titles and most of them suck in audio but I admit some of the picture quality are good enough but can't beat blu ray except the last Dreamworks title Shrek the Third HD can compare with Blu Ray titles, forgete about Transformers HD(even though I owned it, compared with Ratatouille). Pls. don't use your extreme assumption of "Universal has done far better than FOX", LOL. <:-|

mrkiller 11-22-2007 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinLwin (Post 459524)
Don't spread your reckless childish critism over this Blu Ray Collection. If you have a good system set up properly, in any point side of view, blu ray quality is much better than HD DVD. Did you really see all 4 blu ray dvds. Sorry you couldn't enjoy coz you are HD DVD backer and can't get FOX titles. I have more than 20 Universal HD DVD titles and most of them suck in audio but I admit some of the picture quality are good enough but can't beat blu ray except the last Dreamworks title Shrek the Third HD can compare with Blu Ray titles, forgete about Transformers HD(even though I owned it, compared with Ratatouille). Pls. don't use your extreme assumption of "Universal has done far better than FOX", LOL. <:-|

I support both formats but I have to say that Universal is a stronger supporter/backer for HD DVD than Fox is for Blu-ray.

and how is the blu-ray's quality "much better" ? they are the exact same! watch King Kong on HD DVD and you'll understand.

WinLwin 11-22-2007 12:33 AM

Sorry You Can't Enjoy our Blu Nation

Quote:

Originally Posted by shanester (Post 458287)
The picture quality isn't much of a surpise for the first 2.

Wasn't this release rushed after one of the Studios (?) said they were going HD exclusive

I'm gonna pass on this and spend my money on the Bourne Trilogy coiming out at Xmas instead

Sorry, mate. You gonna lose a lot of good titles from FOX, Disney, and Sony. DH Blu Ray Collection is much better than SD Versions in terms of picture quality and audio profiles coz I owned both formats. If you have a good/ up to date receiver such as Yamaha 3800, Onkyo 875/905 or Denon 3808 etc to encode DTS loseless HD Master Audio or Doubly True HD with HDMI 1.3 profile plus HDTV with 24 frame capability, you will definitely see the difference between Blu Ray and HD DVD. I own both formats but I prefer Blu Ray now because I know which one is better now. Seeing is Believing. That's why if you don't know the whole thing, don't imply the partial stuff and pls. post your goodies in your HD DVD side. Pls. tell me if you watched all 4 movies in blu ray format or not. Otherwise pls. shut up.%-(

WinLwin 11-22-2007 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrkiller (Post 459553)
I support both formats but I have to say that Universal is a stronger supporter/backer for HD DVD than Fox is for Blu-ray.

and how is the blu-ray's quality "much better" ? they are the exact same! watch King Kong on HD DVD and you'll understand.

You are right King Kong is one of the outstanding releases from HD DVD sides, I do agree with you and I owned it too. In terms of human eyes, about 80% of ordinary people couldn't see the difference between 1080i and 1080p and forget about 1080p 24 frames and 60 frames difference. In average, you can't argue with me Blu Ray beats HD DVD in audio. Look at WB titles, such as 300, pollar express. You will see the difference after a while you spent watching in both formats. But I just want to say don't assume bad things if you haven't seen and known about other formats and spread the rumors. If you really support both sides. :eek:

ds0gt 11-22-2007 01:03 AM

wow hose pics on avs fourm sure helped me , now ill b egetting this for sure with my Birth-Day money!!

mrkiller 11-22-2007 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinLwin (Post 459578)
You are right King Kong is one of the outstanding releases from HD DVD sides, I do agree with you and I owned it too. In terms of human eyes, about 80% of ordinary people couldn't see the difference between 1080i and 1080p and forget about 1080p 24 frames and 60 frames difference. In average, you can't argue with me Blu Ray beats HD DVD in audio. Look at WB titles, such as 300, pollar express. You will see the difference after a while you spent watching in both formats. But I just want to say don't assume bad things if you haven't seen and known about other formats and spread the rumors. If you really support both sides. :eek:

Well, if you have a lossless system, then yes, blu-ray does win in the audio section, but if you dont and your using optical (me), they sound the same.