'Day After Tomorrow' - High-Def Digest review - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-05-2007, 10:31 AM

You folks are nuts. This movie blows, what part of digital wolves didn't you get?
Old 10-05-2007, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaekachilles View Post
Just got my copy and its great. The only problem i have with it is the load time when you first pop it in. Other than that great movie. Does anyone know why it takes so long to load? Problems like this makes me love my HD DVD player even more since its so much faster with its hdi and loading.
It's the BD+ disc for copy protection. This title won't play in some older Blu-ray's from Samsung, slower loading on Sony's etc, till firmware update available.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:31 PM

i enjoyed the film..but still not better than independence day/.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben1080p View Post
i enjoyed the film..but still not better than independence day/.
at least its better than The Core
Old 10-08-2007, 09:44 AM

Hello every one !

Is anyone can confirm that there are french subtitles on this Blu-Ray ? High def says "YES", but nothing on the BR cover about these subtitles (same as 28 weeks later). Thank you very much.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:19 AM

The best bit was the digital wolves... but only because the rest of the film was so bad... lol. Outrunning the cold - has to be one of the most ridiculous scenes ever captured on film.

I have it on SD, only because I went to a Fox website and pointed out an error they made on it - they sent me a pack with the movie and a few other bits and pieces.

I'll probably end up picking this up, if only because I'm committed to replacing my entire collection of DVDs.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:14 AM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkiller View Post
at least its better than The Core
The Core had to be the worst ever
Old 10-08-2007, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR XR5 View Post
The best bit was the digital wolves... but only because the rest of the film was so bad... lol. Outrunning the cold - has to be one of the most ridiculous scenes ever captured on film.
That's almost as good as Brendan Frasier outrunning daylight in The Mummy Returns.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:44 AM

I watched this the other day and wow I will definitely have to pick this up eventually. There are too many other movies comming out that I will have to pick up so this is an eventually title. It looks really good though I'd give it a 4/5 for PQ. It's definitely better than the Core though and I agree with the other person it's not as good as Independence Day. I cant wait to get that on Blu as well!!
Mischa.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenmulder View Post
The Core had to be the worst ever
not the worst ever but the Core was pretty bad (and a flop)