High-Def Digest Forums

High-Def Digest Forums (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/)
-   Blu-ray Software General Discussion (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-ray-software-general-discussion-16/)
-   -   Clerks & Chasing Amy This Novermber!! (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-ray-software-general-discussion/88945-clerks-chasing-amy-novermber.html)

sunstar715 07-17-2009 10:11 AM

Clerks & Chasing Amy This Novermber!!
 
i didnt see this posted, but it is posted on blu-ray.com

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=3131

"Kevin Smith has revealed that two of his earlier movies, 'Clerks' and 'Chasing Amy', will be released on Blu-ray in November. 'Clerks' (in Smith's own words, "the BD no-one expected") will contain all the bonus features included in the 'Clerks X' DVD, plus the previously-unreleased three-hour documentary "Oh, What a Lovely Tea Party."

'Chasing Amy' will include what Kevin Smith describes as an "awesome" look-back documentary. Back in 2008, Kevin Smith had a proposal for the Criterion Collection regarding a Blu-ray edition of his movie with more extras than the existing DVD edition. However, it seems that 'Chasing Amy' will be released on Blu-ray by Disney, not Criterion.

A box set including 'Clerks', 'Chasing Amy' and 'Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back' is also coming up."

Arkadin 07-17-2009 11:06 AM

yeah Amy is already out is some country--either France or The UK I believe.
haven't heard the reports yet.

sunstar715 07-17-2009 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkadin (Post 1613415)
yeah Amy is already out is some country--either France or The UK I believe.
haven't heard the reports yet.

i think canada, isnt it?

bevilacq12 07-17-2009 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkadin (Post 1613415)
yeah Amy is already out is some country--either France or The UK I believe.
haven't heard the reports yet.

Chasing Amy is out in Canada, but it's a standard bare-bones Alliance release - no extras, no subtitles, no menu, etc. This US release Kevin Smith is talking about seems to have everything from the previous DVD, plus brand new features.

anomynous 07-17-2009 12:12 PM

Now all we need is Mallrats

loganfire3 07-17-2009 12:32 PM

So my question is, will the picture in Blu look better or worse for Clerks? I ask this because blu brings out the best/worse in the source material.

cheez avenger 07-17-2009 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anomynous (Post 1613551)
Now all we need is Mallrats


That was already released on HD DVD.

Reiter 07-17-2009 12:39 PM

Since this is the BLU-RAY section, I don't think he cares about the HD DVD.
We also need Jersey Girl in the US though.

Arkadin 07-17-2009 12:41 PM

[QUOTE]
Quote:

Originally Posted by bevilacq12 (Post 1613546)
Chasing Amy is out in Canada, but it's a standard bare-bones Alliance release - no extras, no subtitles, no menu, etc. This US release Kevin Smith is talking about seems to have everything from the previous DVD, plus brand new features.

gotcha.
good info.

cheez avenger 07-17-2009 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reiter (Post 1613595)
Since this is the BLU-RAY section, I don't think he cares about the HD DVD.
We also need Jersey Girl is the US though.

I'm here to point that out.


kthx.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:32 PM.