Which Blu-ray did you just watch? - Page 867 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-25-2018, 10:47 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Night of the Comet (Shout Factory)

They did a great job on this one. I listened to it in the 5.1 mix and it was adequate. The photography was very red/orange, but I would expect it to be that way intentionally. And oh those 80's fashions and music.
Old 06-28-2018, 11:12 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Star Trek - The Motion Picture

First of all, wow, every time I watch this I always ask how Starfleet even has a fleet with the level of incompetence. People dying in a transporter and the inability to get warp drive to work properly? Ha Ha Ha Ha.

Overall the presentation isn't bad in HD. The music has a few moments of distortion. The video of the ship leaving the space moorings, even though the video is moving you can see huge globs of dirt in the transfer. What's up with that?
Old 06-30-2018, 03:37 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Star Trek 2 - Wrath of Khan - those bumbling incompetent fools at Starfleet are at it again. So many plot holes but the biggest one is the 2nd scene in. How did they not notice when entering the Cetti Alpha system that there was a missing planet? Huge plot hole: How bout when the Enterprise is 12 hours out from Regula-1 at warp speed, stops to be "greeted" by The Reliant, then somehow makes it to Regula-1 in no time at all with no warp speed? Audio - after watching The Motion Picture - reminds me of the weak sounding Disney Marvel releases. I had to turn it up 7 or 8 clicks and even then was pretty weak. PQ - Wonder how good the more recent 4K remaster looks?

Star Trek 3 - Search For Spock - Huge upgrade in PQ, audio still very flat, had to click up 2 more clicks from previous movie. I suspect if I stick in another movie, especially a LionsGate release that I will be blasted out of my seat.
Old 06-30-2018, 11:33 PM

Road Trip Theatrical Version
Old 07-01-2018, 01:54 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

In case anyone predicted it, Star Trek IV - The Voyage Home. Fair amount of plot holes again and a blatant case of incompetence. Space Dock is instructed to launch all vessels as the probe goes by. Starfleet already knows the effects of the probe so why didn't they do this 10 minutes, 20, 60 minutes earlier?
Old 07-02-2018, 08:29 AM

Krawk what is wrong with you.

2 and 4 are amazing Star Trek movies

You're Star Trek fancard has been revoked
Old 07-02-2018, 12:21 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
Krawk what is wrong with you.

2 and 4 are amazing Star Trek movies

You're Star Trek fancard has been revoked
LOL. Honestly I think it must have been the writing at the time. Having seen so many TNG and DS9 episodes, those shows factored in a lot of things and seldom left you scratching your head. Wait til you see my biggest gripe about ST7-Generations.

Another plot question for ST2 - Why is Starfleet looking for a lifeless body when right outside the space lab window is a very large lifeless rock? I'm afraid to look but IMDB has a huge database on movies and their plot holes.
Old 07-02-2018, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
LOL. Honestly I think it must have been the writing at the time. Having seen so many TNG and DS9 episodes, those shows factored in a lot of things and seldom left you scratching your head. Wait til you see my biggest gripe about ST7-Generations.

Another plot question for ST2 - Why is Starfleet looking for a lifeless body when right outside the space lab window is a very large lifeless rock? I'm afraid to look but IMDB has a huge database on movies and their plot holes.
STAR TREK FANCARD REVOKED!

I just watched NEMESIS over the weekend, now THAT was an atrocious and shameful Star Trek movie.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:06 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

BUMP - Thread UNSTUCK til issue is fixed.
Old 04-27-2019, 09:17 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Big Trouble
https://bluray.highdefdigest.com/55235/bigtrouble.html

Kino Lorber did a fantastic job on the transfer to this one.
Pretty amusing movie.