'Black Sheep' - High-Def Digest Review - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-14-2009, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomSelleck View Post
Yeah see the thing with Chris Farley's movies is that for the most part the plots were ridiculous, terrible and unbelievable. BUT...Farley made these movies hilarious for me. He was a genius he could take the crappiest subject matter and turn it into comedy gold. The movies that he did just wouldn't have worked with anyone else and would have been forgotten. David Spade was also a very big plus with Farley they had such a great comedic chemistry.
Exactly! This movie is over the top ridiculous like Adam Sandler's Billy Madison was but because of the stars they were hilarious films.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalkr2 View Post
One star? Craziness.
No kidding. Me thinks Nate doesn't know the funny.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
you do know Siskel was the skinny one, right?
Oh well, who gives a fuck what Siskel's skinny ass thinks
Old 05-14-2009, 09:56 PM

I'm just glad the PQ is good because I managed to buy a copy on Ebay for $15 shipped !! The film is just too funny.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:20 PM

Terrible, Nate, just terrible! All I can say is, "Young man, I'm gonna twist off your head and spike it onto the floors of a nightmare you can't even imagine! I will dance with you inside the six-sided ring of fire, unless you move from this area, far and fast, NOW!"

Just messing with ya. Hilarious line by Busey, though.

I saw this when I was in high school, and I laughed quite a bit. It's not a great movie, no, but I enjoyed it. It's one of those films that if you enjoyed it when you were younger, you'd still hold a place for it in your heart. Don't get me wrong, though, it's not a great movie.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardpetree View Post
Oh well, who gives a fuck what Siskel's skinny ass thinks
...who gives a fuck what Siskel's skinny ass thought.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardpetree View Post
Horrible review. Most everybody in this thread are way wrong. This movie is hilarious. I loved it. Who gives a fuck what Siskel's fat ass thinks. Great movie. Bad review. Farley was the man!!
You talkin crazy. I said I liked it!
Old 05-15-2009, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznNintendoFan1 View Post
I don't know.... I really rather liked this movie. I don't go by these reviews unless they're about crime dramas or just plain dramas. There have been a few movies that the reviewers have said were good that I bought blindly then ended up realizing, "Was this guy out of his mind?" So I don't go by their opinion of the movie anymore.
I found this movie funny. I liked tommy boy better, but it's an enjoyable movie regardless. and I agree after seeing some of the movie ratings on this website it's hard for me to take the movie ratings seriously now. I can't expect ALL movies to be worthy of an Oscar nomination. Sometimes you just want something funny that makes fun of being a minority, fat, ugly, gay, or some combination.

Life's is too short to be serious all the time.

~G
Old 05-15-2009, 06:17 PM

This movie was just terrible. I like just about all of Chris Farley's other films (Almost Heroes is an overlooked comedic gem) but in Black Sheep, Farley & Spade just seemed to be going through the motions so they could pickup a paycheck.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:37 PM

Sorry for the OT post, but GSpin, is that a Shiba?
Old 05-16-2009, 01:14 PM

I always thought BS was a very funny movie, does it come with a MIR?