'Beyond the Valley of the Dolls' - High-Def Digest Review - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-31-2017, 10:29 AM

I got around to putting on my copy of this. As expected, the picture quality was crystal clear. The standard def DVD always looked really good, so it doesn't surprise me. I sold off my standard def DVD, so I can't compare, but I think the audio levels on it were more even. On this Criterion release, it feels like the songs are quite loud in comparison to the spoken dialogue. But it's a very good presentation all around.

I'm always happy to watch this one. Lots of laughs, and I like the hippie music in the movie even though I don't really ever listen to Jefferson Airplane type stuff on my own.
Old 01-31-2017, 12:47 PM

I watched this a few weekends ago. This is a crazy movie. Not sure what to make of it really. I want to listen to Ebert's commentary and watch the film again.