Batman: The Animated Series - HDD Review - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 11-01-2018, 02:32 PM
mattedscreen's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,955
Default

It can only be redeemed through wb.com/redeemdigital which automatically sends you to Vudu without any other redemption option and so far only redeems in SD.
__________________
Need something fun &/OR funny? Watch This!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-01-2018, 05:44 PM
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,829
Default

FULL REVIEW is live: https://bluray.highdefdigest.com/615...tedseries.html
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-01-2018, 10:00 PM
Arturo Lugo's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
Thanks for the review! It'd be AMAZING if you could pay just a little more attention to the audio / subtitles on the report card in all of your reviews, though. I understand the rest of the review is demanding, but sometimes the specificities on these stuff aren't available anywhere else (nor even Amazon), and it's very valuable to have a stone cold physical copy to actually back up what ended up on the final package and not just rumors (specially for foreign users).

In this case, every info available everywhere suggested that only English and English SDH language was on this release, but on some forums, they say this release also includes the (amazing) Latin-American Spanish dub, but are contradictory on the subtitles (some say it does include Spanish subs, some people say it doesn't). Could you confirm? Thanks!!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-02-2018, 12:14 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 68
Default

Anyone know why the Vudu digital copies are SD when you can get them on iTunes in HD? Seems like an oversight... any chance Vudu will be upgraded like the review says?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-02-2018, 01:52 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 16
Default

According an article/review on SF Gate (sorry, canít post links yet), the SD thing is a glitch and they will eventually be upgraded to the HD versions
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-02-2018, 02:35 AM
Dr Kain's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,914
Default

Well, whatever. That'll be the problem of the person on ebay that buys my digital copy code.

As for the review, I have to disagree with the discs sliding out of their sleeves easily. The first disc in my set was so stuck that it tore off some of the paper with it.

On the other hand, I agree about the look of the video. I watched Moon of the Wolf and it was friggin gorgeous.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-02-2018, 08:37 AM
mattedscreen's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,955
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturo Lugo View Post
Thanks for the review! It'd be AMAZING if you could pay just a little more attention to the audio / subtitles on the report card in all of your reviews, though. I understand the rest of the review is demanding, but sometimes the specificities on these stuff aren't available anywhere else (nor even Amazon), and it's very valuable to have a stone cold physical copy to actually back up what ended up on the final package and not just rumors (specially for foreign users).

In this case, every info available everywhere suggested that only English and English SDH language was on this release, but on some forums, they say this release also includes the (amazing) Latin-American Spanish dub, but are contradictory on the subtitles (some say it does include Spanish subs, some people say it doesn't). Could you confirm? Thanks!!
Looking at the box specs - I havent had the chance to double check the actual discs, but apparently the episodes of the show have English, Spanish, and French language tracks and only English and French subtitles. The two movies Mask of the Phantasm have English, Spanish, French audio tracks with English, Spanish, and French subs
__________________
Need something fun &/OR funny? Watch This!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-02-2018, 08:38 AM
mattedscreen's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,955
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
Well, whatever. That'll be the problem of the person on ebay that buys my digital copy code.

As for the review, I have to disagree with the discs sliding out of their sleeves easily. The first disc in my set was so stuck that it tore off some of the paper with it.
That's a bummer, I didn't have that problem with any of the discs in my set.
__________________
Need something fun &/OR funny? Watch This!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-02-2018, 05:09 PM
mattedscreen's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,955
Default

Hey all - If you've ordered this, be mindful of the packaging of the discs. I've been reading some horror stories of some discs stuck or coming out of the book with glue residue or scratches - mine did not have that problem - but be careful as you remove the discs just in case, I'm hearing Amazon is firing out replacement sets in record time.
__________________
Need something fun &/OR funny? Watch This!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-03-2018, 12:14 PM
Dr Kain's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,914
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattedscreen View Post
Hey all - If you've ordered this, be mindful of the packaging of the discs. I've been reading some horror stories of some discs stuck or coming out of the book with glue residue or scratches - mine did not have that problem - but be careful as you remove the discs just in case, I'm hearing Amazon is firing out replacement sets in record time.
Yeah, that's my issue with my first disc. It came out with stuff on it and due to it tearing the paper, every time my disc goes into or out of the sleeve, it rubs against the sleeve.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Batman: The Animated Series? evanhyjurick Blu-ray Wish Lists 2 09-17-2011 09:53 PM
Batman animated DVD collection FS JAWoOKIE Home Theater Gear: Buy/Sell/Trade 0 07-10-2010 01:54 PM
Will Batman: The Animated Series come out on Blu Ray? booty900 Blu-ray Wish Lists 4 06-24-2009 08:07 PM
Batman: The Complete Animated Series JAWoOKIE Blu-ray Wish Lists 21 12-12-2008 08:53 PM
Batman/Batman Returns/Batman Forever/Batman & Robin (UK) December 29th trp1985 Blu-ray Imports Subforum 0 09-19-2008 08:16 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off