High-Def Digest Forums

High-Def Digest Forums (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/)
-   Blu-ray Software General Discussion (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-ray-software-general-discussion-16/)
-   -   'Batman: 25th Anniversary Edition' is up for preorder (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-ray-software-general-discussion/137194-batman-25th-anniversary-edition-up-preorder.html)

Landy 08-18-2014 02:17 PM

'Batman: 25th Anniversary Edition' is up for preorder

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1343...ryedition.html

NJScorpio 08-18-2014 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landy (Post 2495685)

I almost bought this as a Steelbook, and almost bought it in a multi-movie pack...I'll be glad I held off, depending on what this 25th Anniversary Edition turns out like.

Boston007 08-18-2014 02:36 PM

It's been 25 years yikes! Feeling old!!!

little history, which I also added in that Summer memory thread.

When this movie came out I was 15 working in a 14 cinema theater near my hometown. Before the movie was shown in theaters they "delivered" the reels of film to the theater. Luckily I was working that day and got to carry the reels of this movie which would obviously be used in the film projectors.

This movie is still great even today IMO.

thejnc 08-18-2014 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boston007 (Post 2495702)
It's been 25 years yikes! Feeling old!!!

little history, which I also added in that Summer memory thread.

When this movie came out I was 15 working in a 14 cinema theater near my hometown. Before the movie was shown in theaters they "delivered" the reels of film to the theater. Luckily I was working that day and got to carry the reels of this movie which would obviously be used in the film projectors.

This movie is still great even today IMO.

I love this movie and it's sequel. Also can't believe it's been 25 years. My dad rarely went to the movies but I talked him into taking me for this. He hated it, not the movie, but with how crowded it was. I loved every second of it.

I ended up getting all 4 (yes even Batman and Robin) on steelbook so this will be a pass unless there is a drastically better PQ and AQ.

Josh Z 08-18-2014 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thejnc (Post 2495708)
I ended up getting all 4 (yes even Batman and Robin) on steelbook so this will be a pass unless there is a drastically better PQ and AQ.

This will almost certainly be the same Blu-ray as before. All of these "Luxe" editions from Warner are just an excuse to reissue old discs in the fancy new "Neo" packaging.

Dr Kain 08-18-2014 07:37 PM

I bought the Digibook from a few years ago, so I see no reason to get another repackage of it.

Krawk 08-18-2014 08:12 PM

Was it this movie that was very heavy with Prince music ? Or some based on the movie at least?

Boston007 08-18-2014 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thejnc (Post 2495708)
I love this movie and it's sequel. Also can't believe it's been 25 years. My dad rarely went to the movies but I talked him into taking me for this. He hated it, not the movie, but with how crowded it was. I loved every second of it.

I was FIRST in line for the Sat matinee opening weekend. I believe my ticket stub number was #1 and I may still have it somewhere. Major nostalgia for me. This was a HUGE deal when this movie came out.

Plissken99 08-19-2014 12:26 AM

This is a childhood staple for sure, but Nolan's Batman films have pretty much ruined these movies lol. The Prince music certainly does not help, it's mixed in REALLY loud. I've a regular keep case of this and Returns and I'm content with that.

This is a bit from a little argument Kevin Smith and Tim Burton had in the media when Smith jokingly insisted Burton stole his Planet of the Apes ending from a Jay & Silentbob comic book.

"Burton: Of course I didn't steel his ending, I've never even read a comic book.
Smith: Which to me explains fuckin' Batman."
:)

Super-VHS 08-19-2014 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plissken99 (Post 2495816)
This is a childhood staple for sure, but Nolan's Batman films have pretty much ruined these movies lol.

Batman Returns makes me feel so much yummier than the Nolan movies.