Any word on James Bond movies getting released on Blu-Ray? - Page 6 - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #51  
Old 03-05-2008, 10:43 PM
FourToedStatue's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain View Post
It'll be funny if 20 from Sony's allegedly 100 titles for the year turn out to be Bond films.
It wouldn't be funny. It'd be f'n awesome!
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 03-05-2008, 10:56 PM
TheAnswerMVP2001's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 435
Default

Out of the old films I would only buy Goldfinger, Thunderball, Diamonds Are Forever, and possibly Moonraker on Blu-ray.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 03-06-2008, 01:48 AM
Josh Z's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 11,925
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain View Post
It'll be funny if 20 from Sony's allegedly 100 titles for the year turn out to be Bond films.
Sony doesn't control any of the Bond films other than Casino Royale and the upcoming Quantum of Solace. The older films are all distributed by Fox now.
__________________
Josh Z
Former Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest
My opinions are strictly my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers, whoever they may be..
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 03-06-2008, 11:13 AM
krylonman's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,694
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
I believe what he's referring to is the fact that Goldeneye, though in a correct 2.35:1 shape, is visibly cropped on all 4 sides of the frame, as though Lowry had zoomed in on the picture when mastering the film.
Oooooh, I see. I hadn't heard that term before. Well, most of the Bond films I didn't have on DVD or LD previously, so I couldn't compare in this case, but that's kind of icky if it's true. The optimist/annoying debater in me wonders if it's not just that shot that was reframed on video releases to get rid of a boom mike.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 03-06-2008, 12:49 PM
zombiequest's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,712
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobe1969 View Post
There is nothing wrong with the HD masters (OK, I see there is a question on the Goldfinger AR, but that doens't bother me). The primary issues on the DVD releases are with the fucksticks who encoded them to Mpeg2 SD.



Sure you have the right film? Spy Who Loved Me is the one with the disco score.
Yea, it was "For Your Eyes Only"... specifically when he's in the small car case with the long-haired leading BondGirl in the dirt roads with the quava-trees.

Spy Who Loved Me had some Synthesizer's in the music, but stayed relatively Orchestra.. it wasn't Flat-Out "Discoteque" like For Your Eyes Only.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 03-06-2008, 12:57 PM
zombiequest's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,712
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davcole View Post
I can admit now that MOONRAKER is the worst Bond but like those who've stated before this was the first Bond I saw theatrically and I remember loving it as teen!

The locations are some of the best (Chateau in France, California, Brazil) of any of the Bonds and John Barry's score is one of his greatest (probably the last great Barry theme song).

So as silly as it is, there are still some aspects of it I can appreciate!

Oh, agreed upon the "disco" score of FOR YOUR EYES ONLY. Certainly for me Moore's best but by far the worst Bond score!!
I thought Moore's best was probably "Live and Let Die"... "Names are for tombstones baby.." .. his absolute worst for me was probably his last.. "View to a Kill"... remember the hype and advertising? Has Bond finally met his match?? (In Grace Jones) yea, maybe if he actually FOUGHT her! I love Christopher Walken and think he's Classic, but his Max Zorin was probably among one of the worst Bond Villians ever.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 03-06-2008, 12:59 PM
DSmalls84's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 757
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiequest View Post
I thought Moore's best was probably "Live and Let Die"... "Names are for tombstones baby.." .. his absolute worst for me was probably his last.. "View to a Kill"... remember the hype and advertising? Has Bond finally met his match?? (In Grace Jones) yea, maybe if he actually FOUGHT her! I love Christopher Walken and think he's Classic, but his Max Zorin was probably among one of the worst Bond Villians ever.
I also liked Live and Let Die the best out of the Moore movies. Man With the Golden Gun I thought was decent and i dont really care for his others.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 03-06-2008, 01:04 PM
Tory's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiequest View Post
I thought Moore's best was probably "Live and Let Die"... "Names are for tombstones baby.." .. his absolute worst for me was probably his last.. "View to a Kill"... remember the hype and advertising? Has Bond finally met his match?? (In Grace Jones) yea, maybe if he actually FOUGHT her! I love Christopher Walken and think he's Classic, but his Max Zorin was probably among one of the worst Bond Villians ever.
A View to a Kill.... as a teen I was excited for it, and came out wondering, "What that hell was that crap?" Tanya Roberts was the worst Bond Girl choice, and I would put her craptacular performance as even worse than Denise Richards in The World Is Not Enough. The only good thing A View to a Kill had, well, two things, was the theme song and the fact that it gave us a big screen treatment of snowboarding in it's early state.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 03-06-2008, 01:43 PM
zombiequest's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,712
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tory View Post
A View to a Kill.... as a teen I was excited for it, and came out wondering, "What that hell was that crap?" Tanya Roberts was the worst Bond Girl choice, and I would put her craptacular performance as even worse than Denise Richards in The World Is Not Enough. The only good thing A View to a Kill had, well, two things, was the theme song and the fact that it gave us a big screen treatment of snowboarding in it's early state.
Agreed.. Tanya Roberts has to be the worst BondGirl ever.. Especially since she was the Lead... now if she ended up face-down in a pool like many of the opening BondBabes then I can live with that lame performance, but alas.. she lived.

When you think of how many Bond Babes there are and one Leading Lady for every Bond Movie, it's amazing they never tied any of the previous movies together and had a former Leading Lady show up pissed off at him cause he ditched her for the next Leading Lady... that woulda been hysterical
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 03-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Mobe1969's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiequest View Post
Agreed.. Tanya Roberts has to be the worst BondGirl ever.. Especially since she was the Lead... now if she ended up face-down in a pool like many of the opening BondBabes then I can live with that lame performance, but alas.. she lived.

When you think of how many Bond Babes there are and one Leading Lady for every Bond Movie, it's amazing they never tied any of the previous movies together and had a former Leading Lady show up pissed off at him cause he ditched her for the next Leading Lady... that woulda been hysterical
Yeah, I'd have to agree. I'm a Moore Bond fan, and actually saw this one in the cinema, but she was so bad.

My fav Bond film is actually For Your Eyes Only.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'Bond 50' containing all 22 James Bond films coming on September 25! Landy Blu-ray Software General Discussion 164 10-05-2012 07:01 PM
Any word on these Blu-Rays being released? m_burlock Blu-ray Imports Subforum 4 08-30-2010 03:21 PM
Favorite 007: Bond, James Bond. Grand Master B Film Forum 32 03-08-2008 11:32 AM
Any word on the PS3 getting DTS-MA? Crypter Blu-ray Hardware General Discussion 11 02-19-2008 06:38 PM
Any Word on Europe Getting Some TV Lovin? JonSt Blu-ray Software General Discussion 0 07-17-2007 04:48 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off