'The Amazing Spider-Man (Combo Pack)' - High-Def Digest Review - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-08-2012, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opinionhaver View Post
Because of Twilight
Contrary to popular beliefs, teen romance existed in movies before 2008.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:08 PM

Couldnt agree more with this review, I loved this movie and I'm almost ready to not even bother with Raimi's versions again after this one. I just found this to be so much more of what I wanted to see in a Spiderman movie over the last 3. More akin to Batman Begins instead of over the top cheese and a bumbling stupid Peter Parker, I hated how they changed his web shooters and I never really got the sense that Parker was very smart in Raimi's movies. That and I simply couldnt stand Dunst as Mary Jane, not even close to what Mary Jane should be and then you get to the bastardization of the franchise with Spiderman 3. This was needed and warranted after that movie and like he said, even though it was made for the wrong reasons, to me it actually turned out to be the best Spiderman movie to date. I cant wait for the next one!
Old 11-08-2012, 10:25 PM

I went into this movie with a completely open mind, and had mixed feelings for some time. It is a very good, and competent film, it hits many of the right notes, while missing only a few. The problem is, I can say the exact same thing about Raimi's 1st Spiderman. Just the hits and misses traded places in some cases. I can't help but think of this as unnecissary, plain and simple.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:28 PM

Nice. I blind bought this one on a recent deal and had mixed feelings... Look forward to seeing this now.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:50 AM

All I am going to say is Sam Raimi who?

Gwen was intelligent and was not a damsel in distress.

Peter actually got injured.

It has some flaws, but it is far better than the other movies.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:51 AM

The only issue I really had with this movie is that it was limited by what had already been done in the 2002 movie. It couldn't do the things that actually worked, like some of the wrestling stuff and the Daily Bugle.

Plus, you know who was to blame for Uncle Ben's death? Uncle Ben.

But most of the new casting was awesome, plus I loved that the love interest in this wasn't the worst person in the history of people.

I'm expecting that the sequel will trump this one, though, as it has the retreading out of the way.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejnc View Post
The best reason for the remake is the removal of horseface jr and we got Emma Stone in her place. That right there is worth remaking Spider-Man.
Dunst? I dunno, man. I kinda missed her strange baby teeth and saggy saddlebags...
Old 11-09-2012, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
At least in the crane sequence Spidey's webslinging is off, at least SELLING the injury, and making that subplot come full circle, albeit a little too conveniently. It's the same as the New Yawkahs throwing trash at the Green Goblin in Spidey 1. America, Ben. AMERICA.
I hated all those damn scenes where citizens help out. DAMN THEM ALL

The crane scene literally caused a dingo to eat some baby in Australia, that's how big of a travesty it was.

(If you couldn't tell, I'm trying my damned hardest to make the crane scene a running joke for these forums)

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 11-09-2012, 01:23 AM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught X View Post
I hated all those damn scenes where citizens help out. DAMN THEM ALL

The crane scene literally caused a dingo to eat some baby in Australia, that's how big of a travesty it was.

(If you couldn't tell, I'm trying my damned hardest to make the crane scene a running joke for these forums)
well you're doing 2 things wrong. first, Australia now has dingo-eating babies. Baby-eating dingos are so 1990. second, i repeat, AMERICA, ben. AMERICA. why do you hate AMERICA?

i take it back, you're doing 3 things wrong. crane scene will never be a meme.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:53 AM

Though I liked it, I didn't think it was as good as the first spider-man with mcguire. I felt that the first spider-man did a far better job as far as telling a story is concerned. There are too many odd things in TASM, like his relationship with Flash. I remember him beeing on screen four times, first he beats up Peter, then they have an uneventfull thing with a basketball, then all of a sudden he is his BFF again because his uncle died, and in the end he likes spiderman... If he was left out of the movie totally it wouldnt have made a difference to me. The spidersense was not discussed at all, and he even seemed lacking it in the sewers when dr connors attacked him. He looks odd in his spidersuit, tall thin and akward. And the spiderwebs, it's nice he makes his own gadgest for it, but never is it explained how he is able to make them, or where he got the cartridges with webfluid from. On top of that magically he never runs out...

I really thought that as far as character development concerning Peter, Mary Jane, Harry, Norman Osbourne and many more, the original did a far beter job.

All in all I will remain more a fan of the first three movies, though I really didnt dislike this one, and I am curious to see where they will take this.