'The Amazing Spider-Man (Combo Pack)' - High-Def Digest Review - Page 11 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-13-2012, 05:11 PM

Thanks for what? He doesn't help your case against the Red. One film being possibly dark, does not equate to the product line of a whole company.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:23 PM

Not one of those movies were appealing to me in terms of PQ.

Also you denied, that a problem with Spider-Man even existed.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Neutrality View Post
That could very well be... but *I* can't disagree with him.
My problem isn't with him saying the film is dark. It could very well be. I don't own the film yet to make that assertion. However, I saw it in the theater and it looked fine.

My actual problem is with him blaming the Red. Seeing that I just posted a list of films, all shot with the Red, I find it hard to argue that all those films will share the same traits. It's bullshit. Pure, simple bullshit. One film being dark does not cast judgement on Red as a whole.

Red is a good camera. A great camera. It has it's issues, but nothing that would/could be labelled as damaging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican4D View Post

Now you're just trolling.

Old 11-13-2012, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican4D View Post

OK, and so what/why is it that you claim is inherent to the Red camera that causes this film to look dark as opposed to it being from say processing? If you have an argument to make I'd honestly like to hear it.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAngles View Post
After watching the movie I missed Danny Elfman a lot, and I missed the whole wrestling/Uncle Ben story. I also thought Curt Connors was portrayed poorly, I had no interest in him as a friend of Peter's or as a villain. Having him work for Oscorp was a little weird, and having Peter's parents work with him was even weirder. The CGI fights between Spiderman and the Lizard were ridiculous. Why did the web shooters have to have led lights on them?

The crane scene... What the heck. I have no problem at all with New York coming to spiderman's aid. I don't even mind the idea of doing what they did with the cranes to help him out. Why though, did the music and the editing have to portray it as if it was Indy discovering the ark? The execution of that scene was the cheesiest thing I've seen in a long time, and not what I was expecting to see in a blockbuster summer movie from Sony. That scene pretty much put the film in Fantastic Four territory for me.

The only thing the movie did right was portraying Peter as a smart guy.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 11-13-2012, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught X View Post
Shut up, Ben. Nobody likes you.

Old 11-19-2012, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
Now you're just trolling.
Damn, how did you find out?
Old 11-23-2012, 06:21 AM

I thought it was a meh film. I got bored near the end. I didn't really care about any of the characters.

- Gwen is all over Peter and the reason for this is never developed. She sees Peter trying to help a guy get bullied, then the next time she sees him she is super into him. Then she is trying to get into his pants for the rest of the film.
- Gwen has little reaction to Peter being Spiderman.
- Gwen is in high school but an intern that works directly with one of the most brilliant scientists in the world? Yeah right. And this scientists speaks to the interns immediately when they come in for the first day?
- The effing crane scene
- Peter and Flash become best buds. wat?
- I felt like the scientist was creepy from the beginning. And I was suspecting that he had something to do with Peter's father's death. His storyline would've worked a lot better if we liked him at first.
- I found both Uncle Ben and Aunt May hokey
Old 11-23-2012, 11:59 AM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswoods1 View Post
I thought it was a meh film. I got bored near the end. I didn't really care about any of the characters.

- Gwen is all over Peter and the reason for this is never developed. She sees Peter trying to help a guy get bullied, then the next time she sees him she is super into him. Then she is trying to get into his pants for the rest of the film.
- Gwen has little reaction to Peter being Spiderman.
- Gwen is in high school but an intern that works directly with one of the most brilliant scientists in the world? Yeah right. And this scientists speaks to the interns immediately when they come in for the first day?
- The effing crane scene
- Peter and Flash become best buds. wat?
- I felt like the scientist was creepy from the beginning. And I was suspecting that he had something to do with Peter's father's death. His storyline would've worked a lot better if we liked him at first.
- I found both Uncle Ben and Aunt May hokey
- Gwen's arc in terms of feelings for Peter may be represented simply by rebellion. Her finding out Peter is Spidey, how Peter stands up to her dad, and how he represents someone who has outsmarted her father may be a turn on in a home dominated by a strong male presence in Captain Stacy. Just because we don't see it in the film, that doesn't mean we shouldn't take natural psychology as a possibility in character motives. If Stacy were a preacher, it would have been obvious and people would have "gotten" it a bit more. When does she slobber all over him? RIGHT after he stands up to her father. He's bruised, slightly. He's really the kind of person who represents the opposite of her father. Don't forget he also screwed that one kid out of the internship by stealing his badge, and Gwen is fully aware of this. THAT is probably what catches her eye.
- Her reaction to finding out Peter is Spidey is about right. He isn't some HERO like he has already been established as in the other films, all the newspaper articles and whatnot. He's an unknown, considered a criminal of sorts, not an urban legend.
- ...It's hard to argue this point. I'll give you this one hands down.
- Don't be all Ben about the crane scene. It's way better than New Yorkers throwing bottles of YooHoo at the Green Goblin, or as Maguire calls him, Gobby.
- Flash is a peacock, and he gets out peacocked. What really bothers me is why does Peter get in trouble for playing basketball? He broke the backboard. If he were, dare I say, a few inches taller and a few pounds heavier, maybe of a different nationality, it would have been praised, not reviled.
- The amount of time this film spends in the early goings humanizing and establishing Connors is an interesting twist, making him a strong character early, over even Uncle Ben, who obviously pissed off death in some Final Destination-like twist. This time is spent so you do have compassion for him. If you don't, that isn't the film's fault for trying.
- Aunt May was hokey, yes. I actually felt Ben was done fairly well, and the death scene they chose (there's an alternate on the disc) was pretty good, a new twist that eliminates the BULLSHIT we saw in Spider-Man 3, where it was a conspiracy and ZOMG there was another guy. And what does it matter to you? EVERYTHING!!! A retort that to this day really makes no sense, at all.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:06 PM

Really, a 9, that good? Haven't even been able to force myself to even rent this yet. i know you loved Spider-Man 2 though, that was unwatchable for me. 3 was just depressing. I did like the original though.

It's just Andrew Garfield, who? Not that I loved Tobey Maguire in the part, but Garfield, straight up, dude looks like a duck with eyebrows.

Strange trend going on in Hollywood lately, wimpy/ugly leading men, even penetrating the "action hero" genre. I'm not a big comic book guy, but yes I do realize Peter Parker is supposed to be a geek. But what's next a fat action hero?

In other news Emma Stone, never saw that coming. Could very well turn out to be the only watchable film of 2012, this year has been a complete wash for me. Can't even think of one memorable film I've seen this entire year.