Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, and Alien Resurrection: Separate Releases Coming May 10th!! - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-12-2011, 03:36 PM

the UK price is great if you want the entire franchise but i only want 1 & 2 and, agreeing with Ark, i'll be glad to wait until they hit $10-12 each, which would have me pay half the price that i would if i did buy the UK set.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:59 PM

the $35 is MSRP though, right? Usually they sell a LOT cheaper.

I already got the anthology, and if I didn't I'd want all 4 movies anyways, so..
Old 03-13-2011, 08:20 AM

Alien for me did not care for the others
Old 03-13-2011, 11:02 AM

I opened up the thread all ready to make a comment about how it's about time.... to ask why on Earth anybody would want to pay good money for 3 and 4...... but, damn......that's a good price from the UK to get all the extras too
Old 03-13-2011, 02:10 PM

Good to know FOX isn't going to take all year waiting to collect fans money for what they essentially wanted all along: ALIEN and ALIENS. I think that withholding the bonus features only makes sense (from a business perspective). It does not alienate (pun) those who just bought the box set (US or UK) and it serves even the less-than die hard fan base. While I can tolerate parts 3 and 4, I have never been happy (at all) with either. Hell, after seeing part 3 (for free during a press screening) all I could hope for was that the 4th film would dismiss ALIEN3 as a "bad hyper-sleep dream".
Old 03-13-2011, 03:26 PM

NICE & finally!
Old 03-14-2011, 03:54 AM

GeeWiz!

I don't get all those SD bonus features.
(I do get my fave "Alien" bonus: the original isolated score)

BooHoo!!

[those: "stupendous Lauzirika documentaries" are SD as well & single titles wont 'street' for MSRP... so I'll save $$$]
Old 03-14-2011, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Whore View Post
GeeWiz!

I don't get all those SD bonus features.
(I do get my fave "Alien" bonus: the original isolated score)

BooHoo!!

[those: "stupendous Lauzirika documentaries" are SD as well & single titles wont 'street' for MSRP... so I'll save $$$]
Look Whore, I understand that some people just want the films. The extras are exactly that - EXTRA; in addition to the films. Some people don't give a shit about supplements. Fine, whatever.

And, no, you're right blu-rays don't street for MSRP most of the time (although I did just see "Excalibur" for $6 over MSRP at Best Buy; way to go shitty retailers!) and these separates will likely be cheap (sub-$15) shortly after release date, if not certainly by Q4.

All I was saying is that right now you can get the complete anthology from the UK ($44 USD, shipped) for four dollars less than "Alien" and "Aliens" together ($48 USD) from the US. And you can have the films now, instead of waiting for these split-up discs that will be out in 2.5 months. The extras - which I only labeled with praise because I wanted to point out that they are much, much better than most awful supplements - are really just icing on the cake.

I really don't care, I got the Anthology box months ago. Just trying to let people know how to get the most bang for their buck.... in a timely manner. The separates will be a great deal one day; they just aren't the best deal right now.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super-VHS View Post
I did just see "Excalibur" for $6 over MSRP at Best Buy
Wowzers!
Old 03-31-2011, 04:08 PM

Default Specs, features, artwork detailed

Apparently these are single discs with slipcovers over standard blu-ray cases.

"Alien" Special Features
  • 1979 Theatrical Version
  • 2003 Director’s Cut with Ridley Scott Introduction
  • Audio Commentary by Director Ridley Scott, Writer Dan O’Bannon, Executive Producer Ronald Shusett, Editor Terry Rawlings, Actors Sigourney Weaver, Tom Skerritt, Veronica Cartwright, Harry Dean Stanton and John Hurt
  • Audio Commentary (for Theatrical Cut only) by Ridley Scott
  • Final Theatrical Isolated Score by Jerry Goldsmith
  • Composer’s Original Isolated Score by Jerry Goldsmith
  • Deleted and Extended Scenes

"Aliens" Special Features
  • 1986 Theatrical Version
  • 1991 Special Edition with James Cameron Introduction
  • Audio Commentary by Director James Cameron, Producer Gale Anne Hurd, Alien Effects Creator Stan Winston, Visual Effects Supervisors Robert Skotak and Dennis Skotak, Miniature Effects Supervisor Pat McClung, Actors Michael Biehn, Bill Paxton, Lance Henriksen, Jenette Goldstein, Carrie Henn and Christopher Henn
  • Final Theatrical Isolated Score by James Horner
  • Composer’s Original Isolated Score by James Horner

"Alien3" Special Features
  • 1992 Theatrical Version
  • 2003 Special Edition (Restored Workprint Version)
  • Audio Commentary by Cinematographer Alex Thomson, B.S.C., Editor Terry Rawlings, Alien Effects Designers Alec Gillis and Tom Woodruff, Jr., Visual Effects Producer Richard Edlund, A.S.C., Actors Paul McGann and Lance Henriksen
  • Final Theatrical Isolated Score by Elliot Goldenthal

"Alien Resurrection" Special Features
  • 1997 Theatrical Version
  • 2003 Special Edition with Jean-Pierre Jeunet Introduction
  • Audio Commentary by Director Jean-Pierre Jeunet, Editor Hervé Schneid, A.C.E., Alien Effects Creators Alec Gillis and Tom Woodruff, Jr., Visual Effects Supervisor Pitof, Conceptual Artist Sylvain Despretz, Actors Ron Perlman, Dominique Pinon and Leland Orser
  • Final Theatrical Isolated Score by John Frizzell