**OFFICIAL** WATCHMEN discussion thread - Page 26 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-15-2009, 10:09 PM

Well, I didn't have the same trouble keeping track of things that you did, but admittedly when stories of any medium are told in a non-linear manner they become a lot more challenging. Still, your case is very well stated, so I have to respect it.
Not sure why you felt the need to repeatedly criticize the film instead of dropping it though, which is why I started debating with you in the first place.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishbob View Post
From about 1:27 (Chapter 23) to about 1:47 the sound is out of synch.

1:27:32 - The boardroom scene - shockingly bad in places.
1:31:50 - Outside the restaurant
1:37 (Start of chapter 25) - The TV

From about 1:47 onwards it back on form. I did suspect initially that that it might be some bad overdubs, but seeing as it appears to occupy a certain section of the disc, I think the encode is screwed.

I am not normally a picky type, but I found it too obvious to overlook.
Hmm I didint notice anything dude, neither did my buddy.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:48 PM

there is a bd-live watch with the director scheduled for July 25th.
just got an email about it from Warner.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
there is a bd-live watch with the director scheduled for July 25th.
just got an email about it from Warner.
i signed up for it, i hope it's better than the dark knight one but i don't have my hopes up
Old 07-26-2009, 02:32 PM

Default Ultimate Edition

I have a question about the Ultimate Edition. You guys are reporting it doesn't include the directors cuts special features but where are you getting that information? Because those pics are just ads not full listings of the special features.

I don't see how they could come close to filling 5 Blu-Ray discs without including all the current special features. Nor why they wouldn't include them.

My break down of the content:

Disc 1: The film (with DC footage and Black Freighter)
Disc 2: Motion Comic
Disc 3: Special Features: Including new 2 Hours of docos
Disc 4: ??? (possibly Black Freighter seperate)
Disc 5: ??? (Directors Cut disc?)

High-Def Digest could you look into that or explain how you know it doesn't include the features?
Old 07-29-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrochaos View Post
So would you say that V for Vendetta worked? It was changed quite a bit for the film version.
V For Vendetta (the film) is a turd.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:32 PM

I disagree. It's a lot of fun.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrochaos View Post
Dark Knight wasn't based off an actual graphic novel/comic book.

The character and story were loosely built on the general story of Batman and characters within that universe.
actually the dark knight is based after two graphic novels that are mish mashed together. The Long Halloween (where it gets it's bigger plot line from) and a variation of the story from The Killing Joke.

Watchmen worked, but it works a lot better in the Director's cut. I have found that people seem to go in thinking they are going to see a superhero movie, which it's not. I tell new comers to think of it as a Sci-Fi Thriller that happens to have "heros" in it, which seems to help some.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:25 PM

Danny, Dark Knight has little elements from both of those stories, but to call it a combination of them is a stretch. Pyrochaos' description is more accurate, IMO.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastx View Post
Danny, Dark Knight has little elements from both of those stories, but to call it a combination of them is a stretch. Pyrochaos' description is more accurate, IMO.
Little elements from both of those stories? I'd say it has quite of a bit of elements from both. It takes the Killing Joke, but instead of making Gordon the victim, it makes Dent the victim and mashes it with the Long Halloween which is about how Two Face came to be.

I guess you could say that we already know the origin story of Two Face in a couple of ways from previous issues, but let's not forget the mob story running underneath, Sal Maroni and Carmine Falcone are both prominently featured in the Long Halloween.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club

Last edited by Onslaught X; 08-01-2009 at 12:40 AM.