Anyone have Invisible Target or Flash Point? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-21-2007, 04:51 AM

Default Anyone have Invisible Target or Flash Point?

I was just going to pick up Infernal Affairs and I was wondering if either of those movies have really good stories or nice fx and a good transfer?

Thanks for any input.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:24 PM

i have flash point and it has a decent cop story. But the ending is worth the price of the movie, it's probably one of the best action and fight sequences i've seen in a few years. Also the PQ and AQ are outstanding. Don't believe the tier thread. I would say it's a tier 2.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:02 AM

Thanks for the input, Infernal Affairs and Flash Point it is.

Hey man, by chance do you happen to own Lucky Number Slevin?
Old 12-25-2007, 09:29 AM

I own Lucky Number Slevin and the PQ is very good if that is what you want to know. It comes in a little thicker case than the usual Blu-ray cases. Also own Infernal Affairs and plan to buy Flash Point.
Old 12-29-2007, 09:02 PM

Flash Point is nice.. HK cinema really have it for the End boss fight were in the US it always last 5 minutes.. in this movie it last 20+ minutes

The encode is OK.... there quite a lot of compression artifacts in the darker scenes, there's EE and there's quite a lot of DNR.

It's far better than the DVD version tough, witch is far worse..

The PCM track is really nice, you really feel the punch! Didn't try the DTS HD MA one as i have a PS3, but i will as soon as i got my BD30k
Old 01-15-2008, 08:31 AM

The DTS-MA and PCM tracks on Flash Point sound essentially the same, except the PCM has a bit more bass. The DTS-MA does sound a bit clearer and more open, though. The transfer has a lot of EE, as has been said. On the plus side, the colours are tremendous.

Invisible Target easily has better sound. The DTS-MA track is absolutely incredible. Very active and quite accurate. The transfer is a bit cleaner, with a bit less EE, but colours aren't as nice. Overall, I prefer PQ/AQ on Invisible Target.

As for the movie, Invisible Target has some gaping plot holes, but has some great action bits. Flash Point has a great climax.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:17 PM

Flash Point fucking owns. Much man-love for Donnie Yen here. I'm sure you can see his surgery scars on BD if you look hard enough... J/K, he looks good for 45 years old. Bastard!!
Old 01-23-2008, 05:09 PM

Both Flash Point and Invisible Target are region free. I got them in the mail today but have not had time to watch them yet. I will look at Shootemup now instead.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:04 PM

Finally got around to watching Flash Point and it's a fun popcorn action flick. I didn't see any compression artifacts but did notice some DNR and EE. It wasn't so bad that I couldn't enjoy the movie. I'd give it 4 out of 5 of PQ. The sound is solid for both PCM and DTS HD MA tracks. I didn't level match the two between each other, but PCM sounded a bit louder with better LFE and cleaner dialogue. It just seemed that the DTS HD MA track was a bit muted on my setup. Solid 4.5 AQ in my book.

At just 87 minutes, the pace is good and rarely gets dull. As other have stated, the ending scene is fantastic show casing some excellent choreographed martial arts action. They utilized more MMA techniques throughout various action sequences. I enjoyed this and recommend it to any martial arts action junkie fans although paying $30 might be a bit expensive. If you find it for $20 or less used, do yourself a favor and snag it.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD 335 View Post
Finally got around to watching Flash Point and it's a fun popcorn action flick. I didn't see any compression artifacts but did notice some DNR and EE...
You're not the only one to notice this. While it's nowhere near a bad transfer, Flashpoint suffers from having too many audio options crammed onto a single layer disc. They should have either put one lossless track on their, or given it proper room to breathe on a BD50.