The Rocketeer [UK] - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-27-2013, 05:13 AM

Default The Rocketeer [UK]

Just watched this. Looks pretty decent on BD, actually. They didn't sharpen it, at least not overdone so far as I can tell. There is a general, natural softness (as opposed to blurry) to the film. Some parts show their age though, most notably the CG special effects. I saw, during some of the flying scenes that the Rocket/Rocketeer didn't really mesh well with the rest of the screen. These were short scenes though, so not a huge issue. Audio side seems solid. I'm not the best judge of video or audio quality, but that's my take on it.

I can confirm that it is almost certainly region free (Disney, so to be expected). Region A/B at least, that's for sure.

HOWEVER, anybody expecting bonus features will be very disappointed. The only bonus feature is the original theatrical trailer. That has subtitles at least (good for me as I can't hear well, but most people won't care).

Overall, a nice enough release of a back catalogue title. No complaints aside from the serious lack of bonus features, but that's not super important to me.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the bit about certain rocket scenes not looking quite right.

Last edited by Shadow of Death; 09-27-2013 at 05:36 AM.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:57 AM

So it's just identical to the US version then?
The lack of special features kind of hurts, because it would be easy to make a good featurettes about the translation from comic to film.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:40 PM

I guess? I don't have the NA version to compare it to, unfortunately.