Has anyone imported the Italian (Mondo) release of "The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly"? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-22-2011, 12:33 PM

Default Has anyone imported the Italian (Mondo) release of "The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly"?

EDIT: Just read that the Mondo release doesn't have English audio. Ignore this.

I love this movie and the excessively processed US Blu-ray makes me a sad panda. I've seen screenshots and heard good word of mouth about the Italian release.

Have any of you imported it? If so, where from? I want to buy this and just stick it in my "Man With No Name" trilogy box, since the other 2 movies are nowhere near as processed (though still far from perfect).

Thanks!
Old 07-25-2011, 12:44 PM

What is wrong with the US one? I watched the movie weeks ago and did not notice any issues.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL83 View Post
EDIT: Just read that the Mondo release doesn't have English audio. Ignore this.

I love this movie and the excessively processed US Blu-ray makes me a sad panda. I've seen screenshots and heard good word of mouth about the Italian release.

Have any of you imported it? If so, where from? I want to buy this and just stick it in my "Man With No Name" trilogy box, since the other 2 movies are nowhere near as processed (though still far from perfect).

Thanks!
As a slight variation to the theme - The Collector's Edition of A Fistful Of Dollars is a superb transfer (also packed with booklets, photos etc) and has recently been reduced in price on Amazon.it, should you be interested. That has English and Italian audio too:

http://www.amazon.it/Pugno-Dollari-V...1617396&sr=8-1
Old 07-25-2011, 02:29 PM

the three-disc collection doesn't look like it offers an English track or subtitles. that's unfortunate.

but as Limey said, it's superior to the U.S. release.
Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael
Old 07-28-2011, 03:34 PM

I thought I remembered reading on the forum that someone made a custom
The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly blu-ray using the italian import for the picture and using the audio off the US release.

Anyone?

If that person reads this please PM me and I will trade you for a copy! I will totaly make it worth your while!

I really wish MGM would re-release this as a special edition with both director's cut and
original US theatrical cut w original mono audio! I really hate the new gun shot sounds
they used for the director's cut!