Robocop Trilogy (UK) October 25th - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-15-2010, 04:48 AM

Default Robocop Trilogy (UK) October 25th

Well at long last we have the option to pick up all three Robocop films on .
Great price for for the trilogy at only 27.99. Let's hope though that this time justice IS served re PQ and AQ. My fave remains the first film, followed by the second...
Here is the release blurb:

"Robocop (Dir. Paul Verhoeven, 1987): He's RoboCop. And in the near future, he's law enforcement's only hope. A sadistic crime wave is sweeping across America. In Old Detroit, the situation is so bad a private corporation, Security Concepts, Inc., has assumed control of the police force. The executives at the company think they have the answer - until the enforcement droid they create kills one of their own. Then an ambitious young executive seizes the opportunity. He and his research team create a law enforcement cyborg from the body of a slain officer. All goes well at first. Robocop stops every sleazeball he encounters with deadly, piercing, and sometimes gruesome accuracy. But there are forces on the street, and within Security Concepts itself, that will stop at nothing to see this super cyborg violently eliminated. Prepare yourself for non-stop action and adventure in one of the most explosive sci-fi stories you'll ever witness: Robocop.

Robocop 2 (Dir. Irvin Kerschner, 1990): The sizzling sequel to 1987's sci-fi blockbuster brings back "The Future of Law Enforcement," RoboCop, to face his greatest challenge ever! Peter Weller returns as the half man/half machine police officer, this time to rid the lawless streets of Detroit of the deadly new designer drug "Nuke." Unknown to RoboCop, the evil corporate empire which created him wants to take the city "private," and develop RoboCop 2, a newer, bigger and more powerful version to replace the original. The script was - in part - written by comic-book genius, Frank Miller (Ronin, The Dark Knight Returns).

Robocop 3 (Dir. Fred Dekker, 1993): Omni Consumer Products (OCP), the conglomerate that designed RoboCop now owns Detroit. The company plans to demolish one of the city's largest neighborhoods to build a gleaming city of the future-after an army of ruthless mercenaries finishes throwing everyone out of their homes. But RoboCop, sworn to protect the public, joins forces with a band of urban freedom fighters battling to save their neighborhood. After battling a lethally efficient ninja android, and equipped with a new arsenal of hi-tech weaponry, RoboCop and the courageous residents take on OCP's private army. It's all-out war, an explosive street fight that could destroy either the entire city or the evil powers behind the brutal corporate raid."

http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/1...y/Product.html
Old 07-15-2010, 06:12 AM

WOW!!
Something I *REALLY* didn't expect.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:22 AM

Given the bad taste left in Frank Miller's mouth after Robocop 2, I'm sure he's less than thrilled to be reminded of this all over again.......

Still a day 1 purchase for me.

I don't often admit this, but I actually rather enjoyed the 3rd too....
Old 07-15-2010, 08:36 AM

The real question is did they remaster Robocop, the US release is pitiful. The other 2 Robo movies I thought failed to build on the promise of the original.

But at least the US Robocop is the unrated cut.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreakNYC View Post
WOW!!
Something I *REALLY* didn't expect.
exactly +1!
Old 07-15-2010, 10:02 AM

Part two rocks, imo.

"Jesus had days like this..."

Last edited by cheez avenger; 07-15-2010 at 10:24 AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:22 AM

This is now a pretty busy release day for collections:

Alien Anthology
Back To The Future Trilogy
Robocop Trilogy

Deep pockets needed on that day for sure....
Old 07-16-2010, 04:14 AM

I enjoyed 2 as well as the original but 3 was just garbage. A movie like Robocop being PG-13?! What were they thinking?!
Old 07-16-2010, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Limey View Post
This is now a pretty busy release day for collections:

Alien Anthology
Back To The Future Trilogy
Robocop Trilogy

Deep pockets needed on that day for sure....
Don't forget...Jurassic Park trilogy and the Indy trilogy are rumored for around that time as well. This holiday season will *HANDS DOWN* be the best season for blu-ray.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreakNYC View Post
Don't forget...Jurassic Park trilogy and the Indy trilogy are rumored for around that time as well. This holiday season will *HANDS DOWN* be the best season for blu-ray.
My wallet hates you