Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    ImportFanatic is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by cultlabs View Post
    As a PR guy not a Blu-Ray expert I'll feedback the stuff about correct labeling if it's turns out that the Arrow stuff is incorrectly marked, but it was probably my mistake.
    I know Arrow's Dawn of the Dead Blu-ray release was incorrectly marked with a Region "0" logo on the Blu-ray disc. This is the correct logo:

REDBULL74 is offline Member

I have to have this damn Edition! Yea, I have the Anchor Bay version, but who knows? This version might kick its ass in the PQ department?

I grew up watching Day Of Dead throughout my teens. I first saw this at my local Drive In with my older sister and her boyfriend in 1985. I was only 11!!
    MEDIA
    =542
    =353

Total Movies=895

EQUIPMENT
    =Toshiba HD-A35, HD-A3, HD-A30 x 2 (new/sealed)
    =LG BH200 x 2, SONY BDP-S350
    PC based player=LG Super Multi Blue=(BLU-RAY ROM & HD-DVD ROM)
    Samsung PN64D7000 64 Inch Plasma, Panasonic TC-P50S1 50 Inch Plasma

GizmoDVD is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
    well fuck. just dawn and day upgrades then. no fair. i'm still taking OP's word for it on region O/ABC. it's like blood types, lolz.

i'm one of the few who feels Day is one of the best zombie films ever. love that fucking film so much.

life's a bitch, right? at least in the USA we're getting FULCI's CotLD in a month or two. that's a start.
    Got Survival today (with a pretty slip cover!). It's marked Region B and IS Region B. MY BD390 won't play it at all. Tossed it in my Region B BH100 - success!

cultlabs is offline Member

I know for a fact that the Arrow guys will read this thread, so I'll make sure they see the stuff about labeling inconsistencies!

Here's another treat from the upcoming release. Some sample pages from the comic book - "‘Day Of The Dead: Desertion" - that comes included in the package...

DickieDuvet is offline Member

Looks great, Thanks for posting. Roll on next Monday

Dack is offline Member

Finally read this thread

Bah, what have I been missing!?

These sets look awesome.

So, the Dawn set is already out? I haven't heard many people talking about it. How is it? Good extras/PQ/AQ/etc?

And the Day set is not out yet, but coming out in the next few weeks?

And Amazon UK is the best bet for both?

Just making sure, because I'm really excited to pick these up. Gonna get Survival/Dawn/Day.

Is there any chance for a domestic release at all or something similar? I suppose I could just bite the bullet and get a region-free pal to ntsc dvd player for those bonus discs. Anybody know where I could find one for reasonably cheap?

Quote Originally Posted by EvilResident View Post
    Is there any chance for a domestic release at all or something similar? I suppose I could just bite the bullet and get a region-free pal to ntsc dvd player for those bonus discs. Anybody know where I could find one for reasonably cheap?
    No. Anchor Bay/Starz owns the US rights to Day/Dawn.

http://www.dvdactive.com/reviews/dvd...the-dead3.html

According to the review, it has the dialog uncut (it was previously altered). Very cool.

stevoj is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
    http://www.dvdactive.com/reviews/dvd...the-dead3.html

According to the review, it has the dialog uncut (it was previously altered). Very cool.
    Yeah only the mono soundtrack on the Anchor Bay disc featured the uncensored audio.The Arrow blu-ray also contains the uncensored track in DTS-HD.

stevoj is offline Member

Well folks,today is the big day.April 5th 2010.Arrow's fantastic Day Of The Dead is released today.And I can tell you that it looks great.The comic book included in the package is a work of art.I've made this little presentation for anyone who wants to see how awesome it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JnitVLFPfg

ImportFanatic is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
    Well folks,today is the big day.April 5th 2010.Arrow's fantastic Day Of The Dead is released today.And I can tell you that it looks great.The comic book included in the package is a work of art.I've made this little presentation for anyone who wants to see how awesome it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JnitVLFPfg
    Can you confirm if the Blu-ray disc has a Blu-ray or DVD region code logo on the disc? I cant tell by the blurry video.

stevoj is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImportFanatic View Post
    Can you confirm if the Blu-ray disc has a Blu-ray or DVD region code logo on the disc? I cant tell by the blurry video.
    Again,instead of an all region symbol on the blu-ray disc,it has a region 0 logo on it,same as the dvd.Both discs are region free.The special features on the blu-ray disc are HD so no problems playing them on a region A player.The dvd is PAL,so unless your player can handle a PAL signal,they can't be played.

Got my copy today. Really nice set and matches Dawn perfectly. I went ahead and blind bought City of the Dead (UK Arrow release)

Peacekeeper is offline Member

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast