The Magnificent Seven (Germany) May 28th - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-12-2010, 07:47 PM

Default The Magnificent Seven (Germany) May 28th

Blimey another classic film finds its way to in Germany. This time it is John Sturges' classic western The Magnificent Seven which really needs no introduction. Yul Brynner and Steve McQueen head an all star cast about a group of gunmen riding to the aid of a Mexican village beset by bandits.
Looks like yet another buy for moi. Are the BDA trying to bankrupt me?

http://www.amazon.de/glorreichen-Sie...8441689&sr=1-1
Old 03-12-2010, 08:17 PM

How am I supposed to not buy that? :: pre-ordering ::
Old 03-13-2010, 03:10 AM

I have been wanting this movie for a while. Are special features likely?
Old 03-13-2010, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastx View Post
I have been wanting this movie for a while. Are special features likely?
Looks like you are in luck:

Bonus material:
Making of "The Magnificent Seven"
Elmer Bernstein and the "Magnificent Seven"
Lost pictures of the "Magnificent Seven"
Trailer A
Trailer B
Gallery
Audio Commentary
Old 03-14-2010, 09:59 AM

looking very much forward to this one.
obviously we all know that a US release won't be coming probably for a long time.
(MGM being bankrupt)
Old 03-14-2010, 10:40 PM

Why wouldn't a US release be forthcoming? After all, it is MGM that is releasing it in Germany. I would presume that it would be announced as a father's day tie-in (along with the other Dollars movies, Tora Tora Tora, Rob Roy, and maybe Borat, all having been released overseas already or at least announced).
Old 03-14-2010, 10:45 PM

well none of the Dollars movies that have been released anywhere so far have been by MGM.
Tora, Tora, Tora is a straight Fox release.
As far as a US release of The Magnificent Seven I guess it could happen because it is a Fox distributed title.
I am just speculating that a US release will not occur because of the current MGM financial situation.
there have been no further announcements of any MGM blu-rays in a long while, so I see no reason to think that that will change until after the bankruptcy situation has been resolved.
However, with Fox being involved, anything is possible I suppose.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:29 AM

The releases of The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly outside of Italy have been MGM. And the whole trilogy is up for preorder in the UK. Plus isn't The Thomas Crown Affair coming from MGM soonish stateside? But I do hope the bankruptcy situation is resolved soon. I wouldn't be upset if either Fox or Warner got ahold of the company. Just as long as we get Red Dawn this year as a tie-in to the remake.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:22 AM

you're right about TGTBTU being mgm outside of Italy.
I had brain lock for some reason.
But again, there have been no blu announcements for some time so I guess we'll see.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
looking very much forward to this one.
obviously we all know that a US release won't be coming probably for a long time.
(MGM being bankrupt)
Good news, bad news.

The Good news: The Magnificent Seven IS being release in the US by MGM/Fox, May 11!

The Bad News: It's only available bundled in The Magnificent Seven Collection, bundled with the 3 craptastic sequels - Return of The Magnificent Seven, Guns of The Magnificent Seven, & The Magnificent Seven Ride! - for the low, low price of $69.99 MSRP ($48.99 @ Amazon.com). C'mon, MGM - we know you're hurting for $$$, but . . . .

The Magnificent Seven by itself has also been announce for France June 12, so hopefully it will also make it to the UK as a standalone, and cheaper than Germany or France. But I'll still wait for reviews first to make sure it isn't a DNR'd mess like The Good the Bad & the Ugly.