Fulci's CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD UK Blu-Ray - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-10-2010, 02:14 AM

Nice sleeve images. I like the one in the first post best. I just pre-ordered this from Amazon UK
Old 05-10-2010, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cultlabs View Post
Mine too. The Beyond is his best horror picture by far. City of the Living Dead is of course, amazing, but mechanical spiders and milky eyed psychics do it for me every time. I like his Western Four of the Apocalypse as well.
For me the music in The Beyond makes it something special and the milky-eyed blind girl "Emily" is indeed very gothic.

City of the Living Dead and House by the Cemetery are must-haves too.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:27 PM
Banned

Hows the features stack up to the Blue Underground version?
Old 05-12-2010, 01:03 AM
Former Member

Brad, according to the case, the BU release has:

Uncensored cut of the film

The Making of CotLD
Acting Among the Living Dead (HD)
Entering the Gates of Hell
Memories of the Maestro
Marketing of the Living Dead (HD)
Theatrical Trailers (HD)
Radio Spots/Stills Gallery

please do note, though, that past Arrow releases with this many extras would have much of them on DVD second (and third) discs, which require a region 2 (not B) compatible player.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
i'm just waiting for the Blue Underground one. i have ONE arrow title on order right now, Survival, and will probably order Dawn and Day, and keep my USA versions. i have a sickness too, it's called being an absolute Zombie Fanatic.

loves me them shambling, rambling undead ghoulies!

and agree w/ E, please do post more of the sleeves!
Zombie fanatic eh? What do you think of the movie Carriers? Looks interesting. Not trying to get too far off topic, just wasn't sure it warranted a new thread.

http://www.amazon.de/Carriers-Specia...3641313&sr=8-1
Old 05-12-2010, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cultlabs View Post
Mine too. The Beyond is his best horror picture by far. City of the Living Dead is of course, amazing, but mechanical spiders and milky eyed psychics do it for me every time. I like his Western Four of the Apocalypse as well.
No love for his Zombi 2 (AKA: Zombie)!? That's definitely my favorite of his.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:44 PM

Question

Is Arrow's City of the Living Dead Region-free/less and or playable worldwide? Disc 1 of Arrow's Dawn of the Dead, the lone BD in the set, extras are in SD and PAL-encoded. Will it be the same for Arrow's City of the Living Dead?
Old 05-13-2010, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportFanatic View Post
No love for his Zombi 2 (AKA: Zombie)!? That's definitely my favorite of his.
Of course! Sun baked zombies caked in earth get my vote over new school undead athletes any day.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_burlock View Post
Is Arrow's City of the Living Dead Region-free/less and or playable worldwide? Disc 1 of Arrow's Dawn of the Dead, the lone BD in the set, extras are in SD and PAL-encoded. Will it be the same for Arrow's City of the Living Dead?
Region free see http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film3/blu-r...ad_blu-ray.htm
Old 05-19-2010, 01:07 PM

It's a single disc edition this time, so all the extras will be on the one disc and you'll have no issues viewing them.

I got hold of the DVD this week (no Blu-Ray as yet) and I watched the extras. Giovanni Lombardo Radice is still nicely unhinged as you might expect from his acting CV and there's a lot of other stuff to get through, it's nicely presented and the packaging is up to speed. Everyone is going to love the nifty postcard set, which features yet more classic poster and sleeve art not featured in the four choices of cover you get with these Arrow titles.