PS3 problem with my LCD HDTV - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-04-2007, 12:22 PM

Default PS3 problem with my LCD HDTV

I just previously had my PS3 hooked up to a Samsung DLP via HDMI, and everything worked fine without a hitch. Last night I tried hooking it up to my 42" Olevia LCD via HDMI, and everything is saturated in green except Blu-ray playback. Everything is hooked up properly, and the HDTV is 720p/1080i. It has two HDMI inputs that I've used before, and never had trouble with until last night. The XMB background is totally green, gameplay(demos) is saturated in green, Blu-ray movie playback works, but it appears to be playing in 480p(can't say for sure, just looks fuzzy compared to the Samsung).

I tried unhooking the HDMI, and plugging it back in a few times, and sometimes that worked, but when I rebooted the system it came right back to the green screen. Also, if it works properly at first and I start a blu-ray movie, then quit playback it goes back to a green screen again.

I made a video, but it's kind of hard to see the detail....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TftgPTOk7zI
Old 06-04-2007, 12:34 PM

Try changing the month in settings.
If that dont work maybe try to reset the system, by holding the power button down for 5-10 sec.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:36 PM

What kind of HDMI cable are you using? I have heard that some people have gotten green tinges on their televisions when using cheapo HDMI cables or when the HDMI cables are not seated firmly in both connections.