Has anyone had to send in their PS3? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-30-2007, 05:22 AM

Default Has anyone had to send in their PS3?

I was wondering if anyone had to send in their PS3. I have a HDMI problem its not the cable or the tv. I came to a conclusion it was the HDMI port on the system after troubleshooting with the Sony rep and the store rep. I talked to the Sony rep on the phone they told me that within 24hours I would get an email telling me what I need and all paperwork that I need to send back. Its been a couple days now no email. They also told me that a box would be sent to me to put my sytem in but I don't know how long it will get here. I want to know how long does it take to get the box and send it to them and how fast will I get it back how many days. Also will they send me a new one or a refurbished one. I think the store rep told me that they would send me a brand new system because my purchase was so recent. Its been less than 2 weeks i had the system and the problem occured. I know many of you would suggest returning it to the store for a new system but I tried that the store I bought it from is from a independently owned business that get their shipment from a distributor. The store called the distributor and sony but they would not take back the defective system. My only option is to send it in. Thats the whole story on why i can't return it to the store. Please help advise me and answer my questions. Thanks in advance and sorry I am new and do not know where to post this please be nice. Thanks
Old 05-30-2007, 11:01 AM

Get a warranty next time so you can just get a new one at any time the store is open.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:03 PM

There is a one year warranty on it from sony but the store does not have a warranty the problem with that is the stores distributors would not take the system back for an exchange and Sony will not do the same thing. They suggest that I sent it in. Thats why i am asking that question. The reason I bought it from that store is I traded in a few games here and there to get credit towards that new PS3. The store get probably 2-3 units at a time per a shipment.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:14 PM

Sorry to hear about your problems. I had to send my system back to Sony once but it was due to a different issue. I had to send my back because it would freeze on any type of disc I put in (Bluray, DVD, PS games). If you do send it to them they are very quick. I got my replacement PS3 back a little less then a week from when I sent it to them.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:38 PM

how long did it take you from the time you called them to get the box. And in 24 hrs did you get a confirmation email from them on how to send in your system.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunz_wsu View Post
how long did it take you from the time you called them to get the box. And in 24 hrs did you get a confirmation email from them on how to send in your system.
I called them in the morning and got my box the next day. They send it overnight delivery, so as long as you call them before they send their mail out you should get it the next day.