question about samsung bd-p1200 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-26-2007, 03:36 PM

Default question about samsung bd-p1200

hi all.
1st time to this site. awesome site and very helpful. i just purchased a samsung bd-1200 last night from best buy. after setting it up and turning it on for the 1st time i noticed a thin white line going across the screen left to right.it last for maybe 5-10 second then goes away. i turned everything off and rechecked all my connesctions and it did it again. i tried several movies and the same thing. the movies play great no problems with the discs. i used another hdmi cable to see if that wa the problem and it still had the white line while the player was loading. so this morning i went back to best buy and exchanged it for another one and it still did it. my question is, is this normal ? once the disc starts loading the white line is gone.i appreciate any help on this. have a great day and good holiday weekend!!
Old 05-26-2007, 06:35 PM

I also have a question about that as well, could you play normal DVD's in it as well? I have quite of few TV show season on DVD that aren't Blu-Ray.
Old 05-26-2007, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyjagger View Post
hi all.
1st time to this site. awesome site and very helpful. i just purchased a samsung bd-1200 last night from best buy. after setting it up and turning it on for the 1st time i noticed a thin white line going across the screen left to right.it last for maybe 5-10 second then goes away. i turned everything off and rechecked all my connesctions and it did it again. i tried several movies and the same thing. the movies play great no problems with the discs. i used another hdmi cable to see if that wa the problem and it still had the white line while the player was loading. so this morning i went back to best buy and exchanged it for another one and it still did it. my question is, is this normal ? once the disc starts loading the white line is gone.i appreciate any help on this. have a great day and good holiday weekend!!
Kenny, I have not had that problem. I've had may 1200 for about2 weeks and watched 4 movies so far....not too much time to see more. Are you running the HDMI straight into the tv ?, If going through your AV reciever, the try by-passing it and see what happens. If going from 1200 straight into your tv, do you perhaps have another HDMI input to try ? Try using the RGB hookups just to see if it happens there. Also, this just came to mind...are you using a HDMI switcher ? Many people have reported problems with switchers. Since this has happened on two different players, I'm leaning to your reciever ( if used ) or tv for the problem.
Old 05-26-2007, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenMack View Post
I also have a question about that as well, could you play normal DVD's in it as well? I have quite of few TV show season on DVD that aren't Blu-Ray.

Ven...yes, the 1200 plays and upconverts sd ( standard ) dvd's to very good looking images. Better than a regular upconverting dvd player.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:55 PM

im thinking its my tv as well. im running hdmi from the blu ray straight to the tv. i tried it on both hdmi outputs on the tv and it does the same. it just does it on the blu ray. my dish satellite does nothing like that. i run that hdmi as well. hopefully they dont have to replace the tv since i just had it calibrated.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:37 PM
Banned

Have you had any problems like this before? It could be a ground-loop problem (however these are normally horizontal lines).
Old 05-29-2007, 05:47 PM

no.....just when i hooked up the blu ray player. a little white line after the samsung display apears. then its gone. movies play fine. i have conn's (where i bought the tv) coming out monday. thank God for warranties!!!
Old 06-06-2007, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyjagger View Post
no.....just when i hooked up the blu ray player. a little white line after the samsung display apears. then its gone. movies play fine. i have conn's (where i bought the tv) coming out monday. thank God for warranties!!!
I bought my bd-p1200 at bb. Sales guy told me I had 30 days to return it. I would take it back and tell them the player is defective and get a new one. If the white line happens again, might be something with your tv. I have never had any problems with mine.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:06 PM

its my tv. i had a guy from conn's look at it yesterday and the memory board needs to be replaced. he says its common with mitsubishis and the hdmi port.
i traded in 2 samsung hi def players back to best buy thinking it was the players and a monster cable. so if you live in ft worth texas they have some open items.