PSYCLONE HDMI 1.3 ..Cables are amazing...TRUE? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-16-2007, 08:45 PM

Default PSYCLONE HDMI 1.3 ..Cables are amazing...TRUE?

Yeah I heard that Psyclone HDMI Cable is one of the best when compared to price/quality is this true?
Old 03-16-2007, 09:30 PM

Where did you hear, and how much is it being sold for? All HDMI cables have to conform to the same set of tests, in which the signal is either decipherable by the receiving equipment or it's not. If there are any problems with the signal there will be catastrophic image failure; there is no middle ground where an expensive cable can perform better than a cheap cable.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreenDude View Post
Where did you hear, and how much is it being sold for? All HDMI cables have to conform to the same set of tests, in which the signal is either decipherable by the receiving equipment or it's not. If there are any problems with the signal there will be catastrophic image failure; there is no middle ground where an expensive cable can perform better than a cheap cable.
Oh really? so there is no difference better makers as long as it works? so Monster HDMI cable are a rip off then?
Old 03-16-2007, 09:42 PM

Monster HDMI cables are a huge ripoff. Check out some of the cables at www.monoprice.com "CL2" certified cables (meaning, Category 2 aka full HDMI 1.3 compliance) are very cheap. 28 gauge is fine for 10' and less (not CL2). 24 gauge is needed for CL2 10'. The way the signal is produced, transmitted and received there is no need for expensive, heavy cables for typical home use.

*by typical home use I mean that unless you need 25' or longer, you don't need massive cables, but if you do monoprice has those as well and a reasonable price

Last edited by TheGreenDude; 03-16-2007 at 09:51 PM.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreenDude View Post
Monster HDMI cables are a huge ripoff. Check out some of the cables at www.monoprice.com "CL2" certified cables (meaning, Category 2 aka full HDMI 1.3 compliance) are very cheap. 28 gauge is fine for 10' and less (not CL2). 24 gauge is needed for CL2 10'. The way the signal is produced, transmitted and received there is no need for expensive, heavy cables for typical home use.

*by typical home use I mean that unless you need 25' or longer, you don't need massive cables, but if you do monoprice has those as well and a reasonable price
Thanks for the info.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:01 PM

I have a bunch of $4.99 HDMI cables I use for my system. Got them through amazon, never an issue.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:57 AM

meh. Monster M series for me.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:33 AM

Default hmmm

these cables rock.....yes HDMI is HDMI, but I like the way these were built, no plastic coating, rather they have the mesh covering, the connectors are solid, fit securely...

these cable retail for $100.00 at Best Buy

You can get these cables for $20.00 on ebay, just without the logo and packaging.

I say go on ebay do a search for these cables, buy the cheaper/OEM version, will save you lots of cash
Old 03-21-2007, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuttgarthdfan View Post
these cables rock.....yes HDMI is HDMI, but I like the way these were built, no plastic coating, rather they have the mesh covering, the connectors are solid, fit securely...

these cable retail for $100.00 at Best Buy

You can get these cables for $20.00 on ebay, just without the logo and packaging.

I say go on ebay do a search for these cables, buy the cheaper/OEM version, will save you lots of cash
LOL...Yep that is where I got them too....they look good for sure!....It is funny the same looking cables sell as ASID at the canadian best buy for only 69.99CAD!.....you US guys should buy them there....if there was not ebay goodness!
Old 05-28-2007, 03:32 AM

Just picked up the ASID HDMI 6 ft cable for $20 bones at Best Buy. Originally I was looking at the HDMI cables for my DVD and other devices to my plasma, which the riverrock (or something similar) brand name (disguised as a Best Buy brand actually), retailed for $100. Then there were Monster..in the $200-$300 dollar range.
Yes - the all perform the same thing, so the functionality is the same. Where the difference lays, which is reflected in the price, is the quality of how it's made. Sure - the all stand up and perform the same and are approved, so there is no difference in one better than the other in terms of performance, but for quality, Monster has it. Simply put, most expense is put into the quality of the coatings to protect the wires in the cable.
The issue with this is over time, it's known that the wires may interfere with other cables attached to your full entertainment system. The more cables, the more likelihood for interferance. Same for any potential deterioration of the HDMI cable wires...which is unlikely in at least 5-7 years.
So if you're wanting the porchse of cables where no likelihook of interferance will happend - Monster. Though IMHO you're throwing $$$ down the toilet where a mid range of $100 will provide everything, even a moderate to high quality protected cable.
So why I went with the $20 version - well, originally intended just for the PS3, and I don't have a lot of other devices set up for my entertainment system...so likelihood of interferance is low. Overal, quality kicks ass..amazing difference. Stick with the $20 version.