Samsung Official Firmware Announcement - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-01-2006, 07:18 PM

Default Samsung Official Firmware Announcement

I just received this email from Samsung. I believe it is the second firmware update we have been waiting for, and it seems to include the changes incorporated in the first update as well:

We are pleased to inform you that Samsung is providing a firmware upgrade for Samsung's
BD-P1000 Blu-ray disc player.

This firmware update applies the following improvements:

Enhanced compatibility and performance with new BD-Java titles
Sharper picture with a modified noise reduction filter setting
Reduced Blu-ray disc load time by 4-5 seconds
Option to view 4:3 content on Blu-ray discs in 4:3 aspect ration
No video stuttering while viewing movies with DTS soundtracks
Fixes reversed speaker test tones in certain units
Changes hourglass icon to colored dots

This upgrade is available free of charge to consumers via the following methods:

As a download on Samsung's support center:
www.samsung.com/support
As a download on Samsung's Blu-ray micro-site: www.samsung.com/bluray
Or on firmware discs available upon request by calling Samsung Customer Service at: (800) SAMSUNG
The firmware upgrade is needed only for previously shipped BD-P1000 Blu0ray players. For new production, this firmware update has been applied at the factory since the recent release of BD Java titles.

Please note that all Samsung BD-P1000 players - including players sold since US market launch this Spring - are compatible with movies to be released on dual-layer (50G) BD-ROM discs from this Fall.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:41 AM

I got the same email but i went to the site and the firmware is still 1.0 wtf is going on with these damn koreans?!?!
Old 11-03-2006, 09:40 AM

Good i am importing one of these so ill get them to make sure they send me the newest firmware.
Old 11-10-2006, 05:18 PM

Default Firmware update!

Hey!

So there is a second update. GREAT!!!!! When was it posted? I jst looked within the last couple days.

Thxs for the update on the update!
Old 11-11-2006, 01:39 AM

its not a new firmware update, when you go to the download page it still says 1.0. I have downloaded it and burned it to a disc and updated our unit at my work and it made no difference in picture whatsoever. That e-mail must be a typo.
Old 11-11-2006, 12:13 PM

Default Thxs!

Ok, I didn't think I missed it. I deleted the other download, so I couldn't compare them. Would have been nice to have another update.

Thxs again!

Eric